Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Property Prices Perth/Adelaide/Brisbane

Property Prices Perth/Adelaide/Brisbane

Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Danaanatrix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Property Prices Perth/Adelaide/Brisbane

We all know how the prices in the UK have now gone into free fall.

Has the global credit screw up affected the property prices in Perth, Adelaide or Brisbane?

I have a job offer and can go to anyone of the 3 areas. I am still unsure which area to go for. I think in the end the price of property will swing it for me as I know all 3 areas have their good points.

Confused.com, too bloody right! It is doing my head in!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:41 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default Re: Property Prices Perth/Adelaide/Brisbane

can only help for perth, yes the prices have dropped here over the last year + some still dropping, may I suggest you check out reiwa.com.au
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:09 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

The cheapest would be Adelaide, but there are reasons for that.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
The cheapest would be Adelaide, but there are reasons for that.

Yes there are. I think our tourism adverts put people off:

Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Yes there are. I think our tourism adverts put people off:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iaRInq9c93E

If I were a true punter I'd bet on circa at least 10,000 Vics all at the same time around the end of Feb. It's going to make Rundle st very pretty ....

Either that or 5,000 plus Croweaters are coming to the Telstra dome
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:53 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Danaanatrix

Has the global credit screw up affected the property prices in Perth, Adelaide or Brisbane?

I have a job offer and can go to anyone of the 3 areas. I am still unsure which area to go for. I think in the end the price of property will swing it for me as I know all 3 areas have their good points.

I have a December newspaper pull out in front of me covering most of QLD's house prices for each suburb.

During the last QTR, some areas have carried on going up, whilst others have gone down, however, when looked at for the previous 12 months, most areas have shown an increase.

Most of "Brisbane" has risen over the last 12 months with about 75% probably showing a decline in the last 3 months.

Confused, you will be...

In my area, Redlands, the two suburbs that moved the most actually show:
Suburb 1: Up 46.7% in last three months, but only up 26.9% for the last 12 months
Suburb 2: Down 13.7% in last three months, but UP 15.6% for the last 12 months

Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danaanatrix

You should be looking at a whole lot more than just property prices. How about schooling, transportation, crime, weather, pay rates, entertainment, proximity to other areas, etc. Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth are very different places to each other. A little bit of research into the rest of what each has to offer would not go amiss.

As Siren & Brian said, Adelaide is probably least expensive, but there is a reason for it. (Don't get me wrong - I love Adelaide and would be living there in a heartbeat if not for the old man's job)
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

And the reason Adelaide is cheaper is - apart form the advert?

Bezza
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:57 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bezzanbob
And the reason Adelaide is cheaper is - apart form the advert?

Bezza
Wages are lower, smaller city = less opportunity for work = lower prices for housing.