Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Property in Perth

Wikiposts

Property in Perth

Old Jul 13th 2003, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Tambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant future
Default Property in Perth

Hi, just wondering if anyone could tell me the quality of houses in the $200000 - $250000 bracket in and around perth especially safety bay, port kennedy and wakkiki also north in mindarie and quinns

Yes i have seen the photos on the realestate.com.au website but u cant quite see the quality ie size ofd rooms areas etc.

I ask this as my wife and i are debating whether to buy a house cash for the price already mentioned (only need part time job - no strees because money earned is ours) or to splash more - say $350000 - $400000 but this would mean a mortgage and a fulltime job.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK

CHHERS TAMBO
Old Jul 13th 2003, 11:18 am
The Tooth Fairy

Default Re: Property in Perth

Originally posted by Tambo
Hi, just wondering if anyone could tell me the quality of houses in the $200000 - $250000 bracket in and around perth especially safety bay, port kennedy and wakkiki also north in mindarie and quinns

Yes i have seen the photos on the realestate.com.au website but u cant quite see the quality ie size ofd rooms areas etc.

I ask this as my wife and i are debating whether to buy a house cash for the price already mentioned (only need part time job - no strees because money earned is ours) or to splash more - say $350000 - $400000 but this would mean a mortgage and a fulltime job.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK

CHHERS TAMBO
You will need, above and beyond owning a house, the future equivalent of $1,000k at age 55 or $500k at age 65 to self fund a modest retirement. You will not be able to save that on a most part time jobs. $250k will purchase a modest livable house.

Old Jul 13th 2003, 11:29 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property in Perth

Originally posted by Tambo

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK

CHHERS TAMBO
$200k-$250k in Perth now is the "dog Box' end of the market , most estate agents here can make one room seem like 2,3 or 4 with ease.
You will want a better home in time so why not go for it now as home prices are going up and the levels between lower and middle will get greater , rent at first get a jobs and then buy a home that will be liveable and an investment worth having in a area that is middle range.

Old Jul 13th 2003, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

paula m is an unknown quantity at this point

I also think it is a good idea to rent and have a good look to see what you would be happy with. you definatley get more for your money down south in the areas you mentioned. We live in mandurah and work in Rockingham so know all about those areas. if you want to know more you can email me from our web site and we have a rental house in port kennedy and mandurah both fully furnished etc.
Hope this helps
Paula
see web site below
Old Jul 13th 2003, 5:33 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by paula m
I also think it is a good idea to rent and have a good look to see what you would be happy with. you definatley get more for your money down south in the areas you mentioned. We live in mandurah and work in Rockingham so know all about those areas. if you want to know more you can email me from our web site and we have a rental house in port kennedy and mandurah both fully furnished etc.
Hope this helps
Paula
see web site below

Yes plenty of rentals in Perth right now try REIWA site?

http://public.reiwa.com.au/misc/menu...enutype=rental

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 13th 2003 at 5:36 pm.