British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Proof of No Claims Bonus (NCB) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/proof-no-claims-bonus-ncb-725739/)

debs1966 Jul 21st 2011 5:39 am

Proof of No Claims Bonus (NCB)

Hi

Can anybody please advise me as to do we need proof of our No Claims Bonus here in the UK for car insurance purposes please?

Or do most insurance companies in Oz not carry it over?

I would appreciate any advice in this matter.

Many thanks

Debbie :)

SillyOldBag Jul 21st 2011 6:20 am

Re: Proof of No Claims Bonus (NCB)

It didn't occur to me to get proof of bonus before I left UK. However, it seems that many insurers will give you maximum bonus, lifetime protection on the basis of you declaring that you've had no accidents, no claims. I said to the lady, well should I go ahead and get a copy sent out just in case I ever claim, and she said that wouldn't be necessary. We shall see, I suppose :rofl: Actually, I hope I never have to see ... :fingerscrossed:

lonndongeek Jul 21st 2011 6:24 am

Don't bother.

We were given full NCB when we bought both of our car insurance policies. We've made a claim on one of them and weren't asked to provide proof of NCB.

Our policies are both with Allianz (not quite the cheapest policies, but pricing was competitive and they were excellent when we made a claim). Other insurers may be different.

Cheers

LG

Icecube Jul 21st 2011 6:42 am

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag (Post 9508623)
It didn't occur to me to get proof of bonus before I left UK. However, it seems that many insurers will give you maximum bonus, lifetime protection on the basis of you declaring that you've had no accidents, no claims. I said to the lady, well should I go ahead and get a copy sent out just in case I ever claim, and she said that wouldn't be necessary. We shall see, I suppose :rofl: Actually, I hope I never have to see ... :fingerscrossed:

As always if you do not claim no one will ask for proof (ie you are paying them money). However if you do make a claim they will ask you to substantiate your claim of previous NCD rating. Consequently I suggest you get a copy before leaving to save the stress of getting it after the event. Otherwise it will cost you heaps......

moneypenny20 Jul 21st 2011 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Icecube (Post 9508646)
As always if you do not claim no one will ask for proof (ie you are paying them money). However if you do make a claim they will ask you to substantiate your claim of previous NCD rating. Consequently I suggest you get a copy before leaving to save the stress of getting it after the event. Otherwise it will cost you heaps......

Not necessarily. I've not been asked for proof yet, having used two different insurance companies since arrival. It could well be worth bringing proof because if you don't, you'll be asked ;) but from what I can see, they trust you for some reason.:D

chris1386 Jul 24th 2011 8:42 am

Hi Debs, just insured two vehicles, both new, and wasnt asked for ncb details at all.Too easy, lol:rofl:

Bermudashorts Jul 24th 2011 9:23 am

I didn't provide any proof and got full NCB. However I have not made a claim, I would get it if you can just in case you are asked for it at that point.

Australia_bound? Jul 24th 2011 9:27 am

I'd like to add our not been asked for any proof, 2 different companies for our 2 cars and neither asked for any proof. So wouldn't say it would be an issue.