Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Proof of No Claims Bonus (NCB)

Proof of No Claims Bonus (NCB)

Old Jul 21st 2011, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

debs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nice
Default Proof of No Claims Bonus (NCB)

Hi

Can anybody please advise me as to do we need proof of our No Claims Bonus here in the UK for car insurance purposes please?

Or do most insurance companies in Oz not carry it over?

I would appreciate any advice in this matter.

Many thanks

Debbie
Old Jul 21st 2011, 6:20 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of No Claims Bonus (NCB)

It didn't occur to me to get proof of bonus before I left UK. However, it seems that many insurers will give you maximum bonus, lifetime protection on the basis of you declaring that you've had no accidents, no claims. I said to the lady, well should I go ahead and get a copy sent out just in case I ever claim, and she said that wouldn't be necessary. We shall see, I suppose Actually, I hope I never have to see ...
Old Jul 21st 2011, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Don't bother.

We were given full NCB when we bought both of our car insurance policies. We've made a claim on one of them and weren't asked to provide proof of NCB.

Our policies are both with Allianz (not quite the cheapest policies, but pricing was competitive and they were excellent when we made a claim). Other insurers may be different.

Cheers

LG
Old Jul 21st 2011, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
It didn't occur to me to get proof of bonus before I left UK. However, it seems that many insurers will give you maximum bonus, lifetime protection on the basis of you declaring that you've had no accidents, no claims. I said to the lady, well should I go ahead and get a copy sent out just in case I ever claim, and she said that wouldn't be necessary. We shall see, I suppose Actually, I hope I never have to see ...
As always if you do not claim no one will ask for proof (ie you are paying them money). However if you do make a claim they will ask you to substantiate your claim of previous NCD rating. Consequently I suggest you get a copy before leaving to save the stress of getting it after the event. Otherwise it will cost you heaps......
Old Jul 21st 2011, 10:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icecube
As always if you do not claim no one will ask for proof (ie you are paying them money). However if you do make a claim they will ask you to substantiate your claim of previous NCD rating. Consequently I suggest you get a copy before leaving to save the stress of getting it after the event. Otherwise it will cost you heaps......
Not necessarily. I've not been asked for proof yet, having used two different insurance companies since arrival. It could well be worth bringing proof because if you don't, you'll be asked but from what I can see, they trust you for some reason.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

Hi Debs, just insured two vehicles, both new, and wasnt asked for ncb details at all.Too easy, lol
Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't provide any proof and got full NCB. However I have not made a claim, I would get it if you can just in case you are asked for it at that point.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to add our not been asked for any proof, 2 different companies for our 2 cars and neither asked for any proof. So wouldn't say it would be an issue.