Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Proof of Experience - In a Panic......

Proof of Experience - In a Panic......

Old May 23rd 2002, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough
Default Proof of Experience - In a Panic......

Okay...hopefully I am not going to regret asking this as I have already sent my app to Oz but.....

Is the ACS assessment along with the Work Reference and CV that I sent to the ACS to be assessed enough to prove recent work Experience (and the points that go with it)?

When assessing your file for Work Experience do you think they will base it heavily on your assessment from ACS (ie the job titles that they show as your work experience) or will they do more 'delving' than the ACS.

Any help/answers much appreciated as I have set myself intoa bit of a panic (after reading someone elses message).

Thanks
Old May 23rd 2002, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Proof of Experience - In a Panic......

Just pushin it back to the top...dont want you to forget about me :-( (apologies to anyone reading from the newsgroups who think its some form of bizaare sex ritual).

Ta
Old May 23rd 2002, 11:20 pm
Lana

As I understand it, the same standard of document you send to the ACS applies to
the DIMIA too. So as long as the references clearly state if the employment was
full time, the dates, and it describes your job in detail, it will be ok. Don't
worry about it.

Lana

MrFlibbleUK <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Okay...hopefully I am not going to regret asking this as I have already sent my app
    > to Oz but.....
    >
    > Is the ACS assessment along with the Work Reference and CV that I sent to the ACS
    > to be assessed enough to prove recent work Experience (and the points that go
    > with it)?
    >
    > When assessing your file for Work Experience do you think they will base it heavily
    > on your assessment from ACS (ie the job titles that they show as your work
    > experience) or will they do more 'delving' than the ACS.
    >
    > Any help/answers much appreciated as I have set myself intoa bit of a panic (after
    > reading someone elses message).
    >
    > Thanks

Old May 23rd 2002, 11:20 pm
Recipe

It may or may not be relevant, but I sent my skills assessment application evidence
in with my visa application as requested in the 47SK form. At the final assessment
stage they then asked for evidence from my employer of what I'd been doing. My
employer sent the same job descriptions as it had to NOOSR, and which were already in
my application as a result. I got the visa approval letter this morning. (If this
post makes no sense, please blame the celebratory Aussie Red.)

Good Luck

> Okay...hopefully I am not going to regret asking this as I have already sent my app
    > to Oz but.....
    >
    > Is the ACS assessment along with the Work Reference and CV that I sent to the ACS
    > with it)?
    >
    > When assessing your file for Work Experience do you think they will base it heavily
    >
    > Any help/answers much appreciated as I have set myself intoa bit of a panic (after
    >
    > Thanks

Old May 24th 2002, 12:20 am
Joe Risotti

> to Oz but.....
    >
    > with it)?
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks
What is the work reference you sent? If its a letter from your employer stating your
recent job functions/responsibilities then that is what they want for the work
experience part. I sent the original copy of letter from my employer. I believe they
want confirmation that you have been working prior to sending your application.

Old May 24th 2002, 3:20 am
Chartres

Hi, MrFlibbleUK !
    >
When I lodged an application a couple of years ago (3 years already, to be exact ,
the embassy just based on ACS' results.

Now it looks like they by all means try to find out everything themselves, even
though you have benn assessed by ACS. (I have a couple of friends now facing that
problem). So expect someone from Adelaide Center will call to you referees, etc.
Sometimes officer does ask for additional info. But this shouldn't make your life too
hard, anyway.

>
    >
And of course, there is no reason for panic.

Cheers!

Ed