Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

processing times

processing times

Old Sep 26th 2006, 6:58 pm
Danny Kay

Danny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant future
Default processing times

i see its moved up 7 days at this rate we may get there by this time next year.

Dont worry just on a low ebb every Tuesday Infact every time I look on the asp site for news.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

joanne morrish is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: processing times

Originally Posted by Danny Kay
i see its moved up 7 days at this rate we may get there by this time next year.

Dont worry just on a low ebb every Tuesday Infact every time I look on the asp site for news.
Hi Danny and anyone else listening. I will let you know my timelines in hope this may help you and others.
Visa applied for 136 MODL

TRA accepted 15.1.06
Acknowledgement date Adalaide 12.06.06
Medics done 31.7.06 (frontloaded)
Police checks done 18.8.06 (frontloaded)
Not advised at anytime of a CO allocated
Visa Approved 25.9.06

I was so upset about the timelines My mum went back to Australia (Australian Citizen) after a 6 yr break in England. She went back assuming my approval would be quick. I had to chase Adalaide, informed them that I need to be reunited with my mother as I had been her carer in Enland. I don`t know if they took pitty but out of the blue I got the confirmation email. My only advise would be, to chase as much as possible. I am shocked when I read my timelines. I was convinced that I would not be able to come to Oz till The new year. We are happy but sad (This is the real world) family are taking it bad, and we feel guilty for being happy. make the most of it before you are in this situation, spend as much time with family as you can. Jo
Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:26 pm
Danny Kay

Danny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant future
Default Re: processing times

Cheers Jo

made me feel a bit more optimistic been at this since July last Year it took 6 months for them to approve my quals long delays.
Posted application early May Received 23 may 06 hoping to be out there before Xmas everything front loaded now just waiting for a CO please let it be soon family going mad its taking so long relatives dont believe where coming but as soon as the stamp is on the passport we fly the same day.

Darren
Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

joanne morrish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Danny Kay
Cheers Jo

made me feel a bit more optimistic been at this since July last Year it took 6 months for them to approve my quals long delays.
Posted application early May Received 23 may 06 hoping to be out there before Xmas everything front loaded now just waiting for a CO please let it be soon family going mad its taking so long relatives dont believe where coming but as soon as the stamp is on the passport we fly the same day.

Darren
I know how you feel, although we told our familys in Oz and UK. It hits you when you get the go ahead. We have had our Uk families crying since we told them yesterday that we have the VISA and want to go 27.10.06. As I said I feel selfish for upsetting everyone but its something we have to do. You will be ok, I will keep my fingers crossed, I know its a difficult waiting. Jo
Old Sep 27th 2006, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

clivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really nice

It took 28 days from posting the Visa application and the medicals off together to receiving the Visa, but I think that was quick.