Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Problems with mi flat..

Problems with mi flat..

Old Feb 24th 2012, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all
Default Problems with mi flat..

Hi all (again)...

Since I am in this flat I have had problems with the swimming pool next to my bedroom which is used late nigh causing a lot of disturbance. Also, I was visited few months ago from a bugler who tried to get into the flat to.. you know.. "visiting".

I have sent several complaints regarding the swimming pool, which I still have the same problem and I was promised to get bars in the window facing the street, which apart of a visit to take measures.. nothing more has happened.

I don't feel comfortable or safe in this place and what I want to do is basically leave it. However, I am under a contract and of course, without knowledge about the laws here, I know I am under a contract and I don't want to pay (And I don't think I have to) the penalty for leaving the flat before the year, which is the length of the contract.

I want to talk with the agency (also the administrator of the building) in a friendly way about my situation and if they don't want to waive the penalty, I am planning to submit a complaint in the council and going with all against the swimming pool (I have plenty of evidence) for noise, disturbance, acoustic problems and alcohol at late night.

These are my thoughts, but any advise regarding the best way or what I can solve my situation, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

MAR
Old Feb 24th 2012, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problems with mi flat..

Did you ask this same question a while ago?
Old Feb 24th 2012, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Did you ask this same question a while ago?
Thanks pumpkin blosson...
Yes, previous one was what to to with the swimming pool, now how to leave this flat without paying the penalty (because of the same problems...)
Old Feb 24th 2012, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked here

http://www.tenants.org.au/publish/factsheets/index.php