Reload this Page >

Problems with Insurance

Problems with Insurance

Old Jun 23rd 2004, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

DeepThought is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problems with Insurance

Hi,

Moved back to the UK a few months ago from OZ, and have a problem with an insurance claim.

I used OSS as the shippers, and insured the major items, one being the TV.

I took delivery of all the stuff, and signed the forms to say everything had arrived and there was no damage etc.. but when we turned the TV on, the colour on the picture was totally shot. We had it assessed by an authorised SONY person, and he said it was detachment of the shadow mask, invariably caused by the transit of the TV, which requires a new CRT, so practically a new TV.

The insurers at OSS first said electrical damage wasn't covered due to the type of cover we had, but I pointed out, that the repair guy said it was physical damage. They are now saying it isn't covered because I signed the forms to say there was no damage. I have now pointed out that the Insurance states we have 30 days from delivery to notify them of any damage which I duly did, and it would be impossible when taking delivery of a full household to check every last thing before the removal men departed.

Has anyone else had a similar experience, or does anyone know what to do if you don't agree with the insurers decision and wnat to pursue it. I cannot see that there is an Ombudsman in Oz for this sort of thing, it just seems as though what they say goes, so if they say no payout your stuffed.

Cheers

Andy