Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

prob with med forms

prob with med forms

Old Sep 10th 2002, 12:45 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
poggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Parkdale/Melbourne
Posts: 277
poggle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default prob with med forms

Hi All!

I need help from anyone who's had their Medical or knows about the procedure.

Weve had our xrays done today and have a Doctors appointment for medicals tomorrow. we have our xray reports in sealed envelopes and our xray plates which we take to the med with us. When i spoke to the Doctor he said to bring these with us and he will open them and that after the medical he wil send them to another Doctor in London and then they will be sent to 'Canberra'!!

Im not sure if the Doctor is supposed to open the sealed envelopes, and i thought that after the medical and all the tests etc. the sealed forms are given back to the applicants to send themselves to 'Adelaide'!

I have a feeling that this Doctor is not 'up to date' with the changes that have taken effect since Adelaide is doing the processing and not London!

We havent been requested to send police checks and medicals yet, but from info on austimeline.com we have roughly estimated that it should be soon! so we asked to be sent the forms from Aus House and have also got our police checks done! We are so desperate to get to 'oz' that we wanted to be able to have everything ready to send immediately after getting the request!!

I know 'no one likes a smart ass' but the last thing we need after trying to be clever and save time! is a Doc that doesn't know what hes talking about, and cocking up our applications


Thanks for any help

Cheers!
poggle is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2002, 12:57 pm
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
abergas's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Port Kennedy WA
Posts: 556
abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: prob with med forms

Hi Kaff
When we had our medicals, we had the medical first then was sent to the bupa hospital behind the clinic, the hospital sent all the info back to the medical centre, all the reports were in sealed envelopes the doctor hadn't opened them, we sent them to Aus House, special delivery. We did have a seperate leter saying chest x-rays and blood tests were all normal.
Don't know if this helps
regards Yve


















Originally posted by poggle:
Hi All!

I need help from anyone who's had their Medical or knows about the procedure.

Weve had our xrays done today and have a Doctors appointment for medicals tomorrow. we have our xray reports in sealed envelopes and our xray plates which we take to the med with us. When i spoke to the Doctor he said to bring these with us and he will open them and that after the medical he wil send them to another Doctor in London and then they will be sent to 'Canberra'!!

Im not sure if the Doctor is supposed to open the sealed envelopes, and i thought that after the medical and all the tests etc. the sealed forms are given back to the applicants to send themselves to 'Adelaide'!

I have a feeling that this Doctor is not 'up to date' with the changes that have taken effect since Adelaide is doing the processing and not London!

We havent been requested to send police checks and medicals yet, but from info on austimeline.com we have roughly estimated that it should be soon! so we asked to be sent the forms from Aus House and have also got our police checks done! We are so desperate to get to 'oz' that we wanted to be able to have everything ready to send immediately after getting the request!!

I know 'no one likes a smart ass' but the last thing we need after trying to be clever and save time! is a Doc that doesn't know what hes talking about, and cocking up our applications


Thanks for any help

Cheers!
abergas is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2002, 1:39 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
mcaprio's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Paris
Posts: 72
mcaprio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: prob with med forms

Hi Poggle,

I don't want to change the subject of this thread, but I am myself considering the possibility to proceed to the medical checkings without having received any instruction.
Actually, I don't know if that could help or on the contrary if that could delay the process...
I visited austimeline too and had the same feeling: some people sent their police and medicals at the beginning of the application and apparently this helped.
But I'm still afraid that the DIMA agents may be utpset to receive these documents, although they didn't ask it. Did you think of that ? Are you sure it is a good choice ?
I was wondering also if these documents could be ignored because they were not requested and so that we could pay the price for medical examination for nothing...

Good luck !
Cheers,
Myriam


Originally posted by poggle:
Hi All!

We havent been requested to send police checks and medicals yet, but from info on austimeline.com we have roughly estimated that it should be soon! so we asked to be sent the forms from Aus House and have also got our police checks done! We are so desperate to get to 'oz' that we wanted to be able to have everything ready to send immediately after getting the request!!
mcaprio is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2002, 1:56 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
poggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Parkdale/Melbourne
Posts: 277
poggle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: prob with med forms

Originally posted by mcaprio:
Hi Poggle,

I don't want to change the subject of this thread, but I am myself considering the possibility to proceed to the medical checkings without having received any instruction.
Actually, I don't know if that could help or on the contrary if that could delay the process...
I visited austimeline too and had the same feeling: some people sent their police and medicals at the beginning of the application and apparently this helped.
But I'm still afraid that the DIMA agents may be utpset to receive these documents, although they didn't ask it. Did you think of that ? Are you sure it is a good choice ?
I was wondering also if these documents could be ignored because they were not requested and so that we could pay the price for medical examination for nothing...

Good luck !
Cheers,




Hi Myriam!

Thanks for your reply! yes i think that it might not really do you any favours if you were to actually send your med forms and police checks in before they are requested but having seen on aus time line that some people dont send their forms off for weeks after getting it, i thought id have everything prepared ready to send on the same day [even within 5mins!] as we really so desperate to go. and everyday spent here in London is a day too long!!! i know the police checks are valid for a year and believe the med forms are valid for a while too [not sure how long though!] so as i feel fairly sure the request will come within a few weeks, i thought it was a good idea to get them done a bit early!


Good luck with your application!

cheers!


poggle is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2002, 2:57 pm
  #5  
akq
Forum Regular
 
akq's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 38
akq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: prob with med forms

Originally posted by poggle:
Kaff, Medicals are valid for one year. The date they will give you up until to enter Australia will be one year from your medical date. So if you had your medica doen today, you will have until 10th Sept 2003 to enter Australia, even if it takes them until next August to issue your visa- hopefully that won't happen!
All the best
Tegan
akq is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2002, 4:05 pm
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
ywoods's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: London
Posts: 603
ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: prob with med forms

Was this Dr Maher of Wanstead? If so I can let you know ALLLLL about him

Yvonne

4 days til we leave, 6 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Originally posted by poggle:
Hi All!

I need help from anyone who's had their Medical or knows about the procedure.

Weve had our xrays done today and have a Doctors appointment for medicals tomorrow. we have our xray reports in sealed envelopes and our xray plates which we take to the med with us. When i spoke to the Doctor he said to bring these with us and he will open them and that after the medical he wil send them to another Doctor in London and then they will be sent to 'Canberra'!!

Im not sure if the Doctor is supposed to open the sealed envelopes, and i thought that after the medical and all the tests etc. the sealed forms are given back to the applicants to send themselves to 'Adelaide'!

I have a feeling that this Doctor is not 'up to date' with the changes that have taken effect since Adelaide is doing the processing and not London!

We havent been requested to send police checks and medicals yet, but from info on austimeline.com we have roughly estimated that it should be soon! so we asked to be sent the forms from Aus House and have also got our police checks done! We are so desperate to get to 'oz' that we wanted to be able to have everything ready to send immediately after getting the request!!

I know 'no one likes a smart ass' but the last thing we need after trying to be clever and save time! is a Doc that doesn't know what hes talking about, and cocking up our applications


Thanks for any help

Cheers!
ywoods is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2002, 4:42 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
poggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Parkdale/Melbourne
Posts: 277
poggle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: prob with med forms

Originally posted by ywoods:
Was this Dr Maher of Wanstead? If so I can let you know ALLLLL about him

Yvonne

4 days til we leave, 6 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Hi Yvonne!

Yeah! you guessed it ! its Dr Mayer of Wanstead. got the appointments tomorrow!! but thinking of cancelling!! please let us know what you know!! send pm or email me asap!!


Cheers kaff xx
poggle is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2002, 9:56 pm
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
shaun/lor's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2002
Location: geelong, vic. forever
Posts: 634
shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: prob with med forms

Originally posted by poggle:



Hi Yvonne!

Yeah! you guessed it ! its Dr Mayer of Wanstead. got the appointments tomorrow!! but thinking of cancelling!! please let us know what you know!! send pm or email me asap!!


Cheers kaff xx
aint he just a pretend surgeon on holby city. that got the sack for doin dodgy ops, or is that a difrent mayer.
those actors are very good i only recently found out its not a documentry all done with hidden camreas, you know just like eastenders is.
shaun
shaun/lor is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2002, 8:10 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
poggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Parkdale/Melbourne
Posts: 277
poggle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: prob with med forms

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shaun/lor:


aint he just a pretend surgeon on holby city. that got the sack for doin dodgy ops, or is that a difrent mayer.
those actors are very good i only recently found out its not a documentry all done with hidden camreas, you know just like eastenders is.
shaun [/QUOTE



Shaun!

D'ya mean Eastenders is'nt REAL!!! OMG! life will never be the same again!!!

Kaff x
poggle is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2002, 9:14 am
  #10  
BE Enthusiast
 
ywoods's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: London
Posts: 603
ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: prob with med forms

PML you dag

Yvonne

3 days til we leave, 5 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Originally posted by shaun/lor:


aint he just a pretend surgeon on holby city. that got the sack for doin dodgy ops, or is that a difrent mayer.
those actors are very good i only recently found out its not a documentry all done with hidden camreas, you know just like eastenders is.
shaun
ywoods is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2002, 11:02 am
  #11  
Dailyoptic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: prob with med forms

    >Weve had our xrays done today and have a Doctors appointment for medicals tomorrow.
    >we have our xray reports in sealed envelopes and our xray plates which we take to
    >the med with us. When i spoke to the Doctor he said to bring these with us and he
    >will open them and that after the medical he wil send them to another Doctor in
    >London and then they will be sent to 'Canberra'!!
    > Im not sure if the Doctor is supposed to open the sealed envelopes, and i
    > thought that after the medical and all the tests etc. the sealed forms are
    > given back to the applicants to send themselves to 'Adelaide'!

My doctor opened the radiologists report, but he sent both reports directly to DIMIA
so it wasn't a problem and DIMIA accepted them without any question. If the reports
are going to go directly to DIMIA, rather than through the applicant, then it must be
okay, but perhaps it's best to clear it with DIMIA first.
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.