Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Private or state schools???

Private or state schools???

Old May 25th 2008, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

paulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nicepaulkimoliver is just really nice
Default Private or state schools???

My son goes to a private school in uk. We aren't rich but work hard to get him a good education. We are moving to Perth soon. Can anyone recommend a good suburb to live with a really good school, private or state for our 7 year old.
Does anyone one have an opinion of the private or state comparrison, here in uk Oliver spent his first primary year in state school his second in private and he has come on leaps and bounds compared to his friends in his first state school.

Last edited by paulkimoliver; May 25th 2008 at 3:47 pm.
Old May 25th 2008, 7:33 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Private or state schools???

I'm not in Oz yet but from what people have said on here, Private schools in Oz are not like a private school in the UK. There are good & bad in both private & state schools in Perth, my sisters children go to private primary in Kelmscot & tbh I wouldn't send mine there! Her children have turned into monsters!!! She says that too
My friend who also lives in Perth (warnbro) has her children in a state primary & can't fault it so I think its best to wait till you get there & look at all the schools around.
IMO if I can find a good state school (which we think we have) I would much prefer to save the money & spend it on them in other ways than paying for education just because its private. Just my opinion tho...
Old May 25th 2008, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Private or state schools???

Nothing beats going to have a look at the schools in person I reckon. There are good and bad in both systems. Aus has a very strong Catholic system which accommodates about 30-40% of kids all depending on where you live.