Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Private schooling in perth and grants

Private schooling in perth and grants

Old Aug 17th 2004, 4:17 pm
heehaugh

Granger will become famous soon enoughGranger will become famous soon enough
Default Private schooling in perth and grants

I would be interested in sending my three boys to private schools North of Perth. Would greatly appreciate anybody telling me best school. Someone mentioned in the threads that Lake Joondaloop (something like that) was good school?

Also, if they attend private school saying it costs $12,000 dollars for one, do we get a grant. Therefore, making it less expensive or do we have to pay the full costs ourselves. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Heather
Old Aug 17th 2004, 6:51 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Private schooling in perth and grants

Originally Posted by Granger
I would be interested in sending my three boys to private schools North of Perth. Would greatly appreciate anybody telling me best school. Someone mentioned in the threads that Lake Joondaloop (something like that) was good school?

Also, if they attend private school saying it costs $12,000 dollars for one, do we get a grant. Therefore, making it less expensive or do we have to pay the full costs ourselves. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Heather
The private schools you are looking at will set the fees (no government grant direct to yourselves) the school may set 2nd and 3rd etc family child places at a discount cost. So basically the cost of the school fees for private education are totally your own.

Cheers
Old Aug 18th 2004, 5:30 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Heather
Waiting lists are long so get their names down now. Schhols in the northern suburbs to consider are:

Lake Joondalup Baptist College - Joondalup
St Marks - Hillarys
St Stephens - Carramar and Duncraig.
Peter Moyes - Mindarie

There are a few others, including some Catholic ones.

Thye fees for these schools will be about 4 grand a year with sibling discounts.

The one with the best reputation is St Stephens Duncraig but it's unlikely you'll get them in there. I suppose the only chance would be if you were an active member of the Uniting Church.

Generous donations to building funds can also ease the way in for kids in these schools too, or so I'm told.

Lake Joondalup Baptist college has great facilities but it's not really a school for academic high achievers, only a minority go on to University.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 9:39 am
heehaugh

Renth, Thanks for the info. Have you heard of Scotch College or Hale Junior? I read on a thread that Scotch College was good! Regards, Heather
Old Aug 18th 2004, 3:25 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Renth, Thanks for the info. Have you heard of Scotch College or Hale Junior? I read on a thread that Scotch College was good! Regards, Heather
Yes they are good, hope your rich though
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:11 pm
heehaugh

You and me are in the same frame of mind. Im going to Australia to have a change in lifestyle, and although I would love to pay for the best eduction for my children, I dont wont to start having to work constantly to pay for it, if you get my draft. Everything in moderation don't you think? I looked at St.Marks, as it is ideally in the area we like, very affordable school. Do you have much more personnel response to this school? Thanks Heather.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 12:35 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Both are in the "elite" schools bracket, with priices to match. Good reputations, and you would expect that at the price.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 12:39 am
(It's not my real name)

I looked at St.Marks, as it is ideally in the area we like, very affordable school. Do you have much more personnel response to this school? Thanks Heather.
You MUST get on the waiting list right away, and your still might not get in untill high school. If you are a practicing Anglican you will go to the top of the list.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 6:55 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Sorry for jumping on the bandwagon, but does anyone have any ideas about St Brigids in Lesmurdie. I've been told it's good, but that's only one opinion.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 9:01 pm
PJK
Forum Regular

PJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant future

We tried St Stephens last year but they could only accomodate one out of three of our girls not many places at all and we found a similar story almost everywhere

Regards

PJK

Originally Posted by renth
Waiting lists are long so get their names down now. Schhols in the northern suburbs to consider are:

Lake Joondalup Baptist College - Joondalup
St Marks - Hillarys
St Stephens - Carramar and Duncraig.
Peter Moyes - Mindarie

There are a few others, including some Catholic ones.

Thye fees for these schools will be about 4 grand a year with sibling discounts.

The one with the best reputation is St Stephens Duncraig but it's unlikely you'll get them in there. I suppose the only chance would be if you were an active member of the Uniting Church.

Generous donations to building funds can also ease the way in for kids in these schools too, or so I'm told.

Lake Joondalup Baptist college has great facilities but it's not really a school for academic high achievers, only a minority go on to University.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 12:13 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vicky o
Sorry for jumping on the bandwagon, but does anyone have any ideas about St Brigids in Lesmurdie. I've been told it's good, but that's only one opinion.
I'll ask Mr. Siren about this one.... he grew up in Lesmurdie (well, teen years anyway) He might know something about it.

I'll get back to ya

Siren
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by renth

I can echo this sentiment exactly. We visited in April and found that some state schools (Duncraig) could more than match what some of the 'private' schools were offerring