British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   private healthcare links please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/private-healthcare-links-please-132880/)

Carrianne Feb 16th 2003 10:30 am

private healthcare links please

I would like to see the difference in prices and read and possibly get a quote from them does anyone have any links they could put up for me ?

Cheers

Carrianne

yafm Feb 16th 2003 11:08 am

Try Australianunit.com.au Best price we found anywhere - recommended by Alan Collett, Tried Medibank, Bupa, and a couple of regional ones but Australaian Unity came out best by almost $40 on the next best (for us) Good hunting

sophia Feb 16th 2003 11:56 am

Hi there

Try these:

www.hbf.com.au
www.sgio.com.au/health
www.manchesterunity.com.au
www.medibank.com.au

there are loads of others, these are just the ones I got quotes from, we ended up with hbf.

love sophia xx

terryg Feb 16th 2003 12:36 pm

Originally posted by yafm
Try Australianunit.com.au Best price we found anywhere - recommended by Alan Collett, Tried Medibank, Bupa, and a couple of regional ones but Australaian Unity came out best by almost $40 on the next best (for us) Good hunting
Hi

That link is not recognised.

Please help

Thanks

Terry

yafm Feb 16th 2003 2:58 pm

Originally posted by terryg
Hi

Please help

Thanks

Terry

sorry www.australianunity.com.au

terryg Feb 16th 2003 3:44 pm

Originally posted by yafm
sorry www.australianunity.com.au
Thx

regards

Terry

jayr Feb 16th 2003 11:15 pm

What am I really buying with private insurance?? Is it like the UK where it's queue jumping and a nice room or am I actually avoiding some potential costs? Can I get subsidised prescription medicines as a Uk citizen with a Medicare card and how much do they cost? How much extra do you pay when you have a GP consultation? What is the 'gap'? I'm currently considering an Australian Unity expats plan for $1800 p.a for a family, is this good?:confused:

Alan Collett Feb 16th 2003 11:52 pm

Private health insurance in Australia

1 Attachment(s)
Terry,

If you want details of health premiums through Aus Unity please complete the attached form and email it to me. I can then email you details of premiums and will send you an AusUnity brochure.

Best regards.

Originally posted by terryg
Hi

Please help

Thanks

Terry

pread Feb 17th 2003 2:27 am

Re: Private health insurance in Australia

I will be taking out Medical Insurance from Australia Unity also. I subscribe to the equivalent of Which, Choice.com.au. There was a report in which Australia Unity got the top score for both with and without excess policies.

ArthurMoore Feb 17th 2003 10:01 am

Useful contacts

Hi
Assume you use
www.yellowpages.com.au
to look for absolutely anything you need in Oz and a long list of private health insurers

However, specifically for Medicare, try
www.hic.gov.au

and for private medical insurance
www.health.gov.au

All the best
Art

tinaj Feb 17th 2003 12:42 pm

Re: Private health insurance in Australia

Originally posted by pread
I will be taking out Medical Insurance from Australia Unity also. I subscribe to the equivalent of Which, Choice.com.au. There was a report in which Australia Unity got the top score for both with and without excess policies.

Thanks for that info. It is always good to hear from people that actually use the service, price isn't always everything.