Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

private healthcare links please

private healthcare links please

Old Feb 16th 2003, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default private healthcare links please

I would like to see the difference in prices and read and possibly get a quote from them does anyone have any links they could put up for me ?

Cheers

Carrianne
Old Feb 16th 2003, 11:08 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Try Australianunit.com.au Best price we found anywhere - recommended by Alan Collett, Tried Medibank, Bupa, and a couple of regional ones but Australaian Unity came out best by almost $40 on the next best (for us) Good hunting
Old Feb 16th 2003, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Hi there

Try these:

www.hbf.com.au
www.sgio.com.au/health
www.manchesterunity.com.au
www.medibank.com.au

there are loads of others, these are just the ones I got quotes from, we ended up with hbf.

love sophia xx
Old Feb 16th 2003, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by yafm
Try Australianunit.com.au Best price we found anywhere - recommended by Alan Collett, Tried Medibank, Bupa, and a couple of regional ones but Australaian Unity came out best by almost $40 on the next best (for us) Good hunting
Hi

That link is not recognised.

Please help

Thanks

Terry
Old Feb 16th 2003, 2:58 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by terryg
Hi

Please help

Thanks

Terry

sorry www.australianunity.com.au
Old Feb 16th 2003, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by yafm
sorry www.australianunity.com.au
Thx

regards

Terry
Old Feb 16th 2003, 11:15 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

What am I really buying with private insurance?? Is it like the UK where it's queue jumping and a nice room or am I actually avoiding some potential costs? Can I get subsidised prescription medicines as a Uk citizen with a Medicare card and how much do they cost? How much extra do you pay when you have a GP consultation? What is the 'gap'? I'm currently considering an Australian Unity expats plan for $1800 p.a for a family, is this good?
Old Feb 16th 2003, 11:52 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Private health insurance in Australia

Terry,

If you want details of health premiums through Aus Unity please complete the attached form and email it to me. I can then email you details of premiums and will send you an AusUnity brochure.

Best regards.

Originally posted by terryg
Hi

Please help

Thanks

Terry
Attached Files
Old Feb 17th 2003, 2:27 am
Retired *********

pread is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Private health insurance in Australia

I will be taking out Medical Insurance from Australia Unity also. I subscribe to the equivalent of Which, Choice.com.au. There was a report in which Australia Unity got the top score for both with and without excess policies.
Old Feb 17th 2003, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

ArthurMoore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Useful contacts

Hi
Assume you use
www.yellowpages.com.au
to look for absolutely anything you need in Oz and a long list of private health insurers

However, specifically for Medicare, try
www.hic.gov.au

and for private medical insurance
www.health.gov.au

All the best
Art
Old Feb 17th 2003, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Re: Private health insurance in Australia

Originally posted by pread
I will be taking out Medical Insurance from Australia Unity also. I subscribe to the equivalent of Which, Choice.com.au. There was a report in which Australia Unity got the top score for both with and without excess policies.

Thanks for that info. It is always good to hear from people that actually use the service, price isn't always everything.