Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Private Health insurance resource

Private Health insurance resource

Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice
Thumbs up Private Health insurance resource

Just thought for those who require private health insurance especially the 457'ers, heres a website that list all private health insurance funds and you can also do a compare between the package of different insurance companies.

http://www.privatehealth.gov.au/default.htm

Search and compare different insurance products;
http://www.privatehealth.gov.au/dynamic/search.aspx

Full list of private health insurance companies;
http://www.privatehealth.gov.au/dyna...byinsurer.aspx
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Fardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Private Health insurance resource

I'm not 100% sure (!), but I think these resources relate only to Australian citizens and PR's .. not to 457 and other visa holders - they need different health insurance products....
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fardell
I'm not 100% sure (!), but I think these resources relate only to Australian citizens and PR's .. not to 457 and other visa holders - they need different health insurance products....
I think its the same. The only difference would be 30% of the price as PR and citizen get 30% of their private health insurance premium paid for by the govt. Can't remember if the price on the site is with or without 30% taken off but I think it does state somewhere on the page.

For medibank private for a single person who is not PR or citizen the top range health cover is about $160 per month or more.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 12:37 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Nice one
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:56 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by looky
I think its the same. The only difference would be 30% of the price as PR and citizen get 30% of their private health insurance premium paid for by the govt. Can't remember if the price on the site is with or without 30% taken off but I think it does state somewhere on the page.
I am not so sure it would be the same. Private health packages for Australian citizens and PRs may assume full entitlement to Medicare.