Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Primary School Costs

Primary School Costs

Old Jan 24th 2003, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of
Default Primary School Costs

We will initially be in Brisbane under a student visa, which i understand we mean we will need to fund our childrens education.

Please could anybody advise what these costs are likely to be. What are the charges for private schools as we will use this as a guideline.

Many thanks
Old Jan 24th 2003, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Private schools range from around $2500 for a catholic school, to $10,000 for good old schools. However you could easily find a decent one for $4500 a year. Lots of add ons too tho like Levies and Uniforms, books, trips etc. Many do a discount for the second or third kid.

State school lists just come out here with around 28/29 kids in primary school classes, most parents mortified at how one teacher can cope with that many young kids. This could mean competition for places in the Private ones gets pretty stiff, so get on to it early.
Old Jan 24th 2003, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

susmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We arrived in Brisbane on Thursday morning. I had already enrolled my two aged 11 and 9 in St Edwards Catholic Primary in Daisy Hill by email and with the help of my sister in law. The cost of fees etc for both of them is 1850$ a year. We spent around 600$ yesterday on uniforms and school supplies.
As they previously atttended an American international school where they didn't have a uniform I reckon I'll end up saving money that used to go on the trendiest trainers and clothes that my 11yr old daughter felt were compulsary to maintain her popularity!!!

Susan