Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Prices of Flights at Xmas!!!!!

Prices of Flights at Xmas!!!!!

Old Apr 18th 2006, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Default Prices of Flights at Xmas!!!!!

Hi there everybody, i dont put threads on here very much i read everybody elses and im on here every day looking for information and reading peoples experiences.
Our Agent put our Visa Application in at the begining of February so we are sat waiting now for our medicals to be requested.
We are wanting to go to Australia in December to validate but i ve just looked at the prices of flights as we would be staying with relatives in Brisbane for 2 weeks and Adelaide for one week and i nearly fainted :scared: they were £1100 each !!! and that was looking at just a return flight to Brisbane has anyone seen any better prices than these or have i got a cat in hells chance????
Old Apr 18th 2006, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prices of Flights at Xmas!!!!!

Search, search, search - is the only advise I can give.

Have you tried any of these?

www.ebookers.com
www.expedia.co.uk
www.opodo.co.uk
www.cheapflights.co.uk
www.travelbag.co.uk
www.travelocity.co.uk
www.kasbah.com
www.flightcentre.co.uk
www.travelmood.co.uk
www.lastminute.com
www.dialaflight.com
www.trailfinders.com
www.justtheflight.co.uk

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Hi there everybody, i dont put threads on here very much i read everybody elses and im on here every day looking for information and reading peoples experiences.
Our Agent put our Visa Application in at the begining of February so we are sat waiting now for our medicals to be requested.
We are wanting to go to Australia in December to validate but i ve just looked at the prices of flights as we would be staying with relatives in Brisbane for 2 weeks and Adelaide for one week and i nearly fainted :scared: they were £1100 each !!! and that was looking at just a return flight to Brisbane has anyone seen any better prices than these or have i got a cat in hells chance????
Old Apr 18th 2006, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Prices fall steeply for arrivals in Oz on and after December 25th for obvious reasons so if it suits have a look at leaving the UK from Dec 24/25th onwards.

OzTennis
Old Apr 18th 2006, 2:22 pm
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Prices fall steeply for arrivals in Oz on and after December 25th for obvious reasons so if it suits have a look at leaving the UK from Dec 24/25th onwards.

OzTennis
I think its around the 14th December the flights go up so maybe try flights for 13th and before
Old Apr 18th 2006, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Yes if you're flexible fly shoulder season. Phone up a travel agent and ask them when exactly is shoulder season around that time of year.

Originally Posted by glennandkate
I think its around the 14th December the flights go up so maybe try flights for 13th and before
Old Apr 18th 2006, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Luma
Yes if you're flexible fly shoulder season. Phone up a travel agent and ask them when exactly is shoulder season around that time of year.

I work in a college so im stuck for Childrens holidays have to take time off then. Plus i have a little boy thats just turned 7 and not aloud to take him out of school aswell due to the fact ill get charged plus he behind on his reading and maths so don t want him to drop back anymore especially as his SATS will be coming up
Old Apr 18th 2006, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Another suggestion: sign up for getting email alerts from the airlines that fly to Australia. Sometimes one gets lucky and there is a special.

I work in a college so im stuck for Childrens holidays have to take time off then. Plus i have a little boy thats just turned 7 and not aloud to take him out of school aswell due to the fact ill get charged plus he behind on his reading and maths so don t want him to drop back anymore especially as his SATS will be coming up
Old Apr 18th 2006, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Luma
Another suggestion: sign up for getting email alerts from the airlines that fly to Australia. Sometimes one gets lucky and there is a special.

I did nt know i could do that! Thanks i ll try some of the web sites.
It s so disappointing though is nt it you get all excited about going not having to worry about accomodation but they put the dam prices up on the flights as soon as the kids are off on holiday!!!!!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

tessh07 is a jewel in the roughtessh07 is a jewel in the roughtessh07 is a jewel in the roughtessh07 is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Not sure if this will help, but do you have a set date that you have to fly?

We are going to Perth for Christmas (also to validate). If you can fly on or before the 10/11th of December you will find that your flights will be dramatically cheaper.

I have just read the reply re your childs school holidays. I work in a school as an attendance officer and you might find this info useful.

You are allowed by law to with draw you child from school for upto two weeks in any one school year. You must put the request in writing, and if you explain that this is not just a holiday but is a step towards your familys long term future, I would be very surprised if they did not allow it. Also agree to make sure that he reads and catches up on work while you are away.

I also understand what you are saying about SATS etc, but really at that time of year they are going to be concentrating on christmas and other things. This is a very important step that you are taking for your families future, and a few days missed at the end of term are not going to make that much difference.

We are flying out on the 9th Dec - Returning 29th Dec

We booked directly with Singapore airlines - as they worked out much cheaper than all of the recognised online companies and travel agents.

The total cost was £3329.00 for 4 of us (all classed as adults)

I hope this helps you

Good luck with your visit, and I hope all goes well

Tess

Last edited by tessh07; Apr 18th 2006 at 7:42 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I did nt know i could do that! Thanks i ll try some of the web sites.
It s so disappointing though is nt it you get all excited about going not having to worry about accomodation but they put the dam prices up on the flights as soon as the kids are off on holiday!!!!!

Does your sons school know about your plans??

If they do then ask them if you can take him out of school a week early at christmas. For exceptional circumstances they are usually quite good. Also the kids don't do much work in the lead up to Xmas, it's mostly parties etc, so it sholdn't affect school work too much.

How about your college, can they not get a substitute in for you.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:47 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

We are hoping to validate in November, my daughter is due to sit her sats next May, I know the school will be miffed that I am taking her out for 4 weeks, but needs must and what use are sats in Oz anyway?

Jackie x