Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Previous 'Spouse Visa' applicants.......

Previous 'Spouse Visa' applicants.......

Old Oct 6th 2006, 4:20 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Previous 'Spouse Visa' applicants.......

Can you tell me did you send your application to Australia House, London or did you have to attend an interview? It mentions on the Australian High Commission website about attending an interview 'in certain circumstances' but can't seem to see which circumstances they mean....... Thanks.... C x
Old Oct 6th 2006, 4:25 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Previous 'Spouse Visa' applicants.......

Originally Posted by shiels
Can you tell me did you send your application to Australia House, London or did you have to attend an interview? It mentions on the Australian High Commission website about attending an interview 'in certain circumstances' but can't seem to see which circumstances they mean....... Thanks.... C x
Nah, just posted it to them then got visa back in the post.

Turnaround very quick, especially if you front load your police checks and medicals.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mackinnon
Nah, just posted it to them then got visa back in the post.

Turnaround very quick, especially if you front load your police checks and medicals.
We just posted it to Australia House as well, if you meet the criteria you shouldn't have any problems. Its unlikely you will need an interview but I am not sure what the criteria is - maybe they just do one now and again as quality control ;o)
Old Oct 6th 2006, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

foxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nice

Ditto. Posted it to Australia House on Thurs, got a visa on Monday.

Gemma
Old Oct 6th 2006, 4:46 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foxall22
Ditto. Posted it to Australia House on Thurs, got a visa on Monday.

Gemma
OMG!!!!! I was just hoping to have it for Christmas!!!!!
Old Oct 6th 2006, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Previous 'Spouse Visa' applicants.......

Originally Posted by shiels
OMG!!!!! I was just hoping to have it for Christmas!!!!!
They did a phone call to my hubby,I thought it was a salesman and nearly hung up on him,but at the last monent said what do you want to talk to him for, lol,all he asked was how we met,where will we live in aust and thats it.
Cheers Lorri
Old Oct 7th 2006, 3:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If the non Australian citizen is not a UK citizen - they are likely to have an interview. If the application shows minor mistakes - ie two statements giving differing info. Stuff like that.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 3:56 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
If the non Australian citizen is not a UK citizen - they are likely to have an interview.
London's jurisdiction also covers the Republic of Ireland.

I would think that chances of an interview for a non-British citizen with legal UK resident status and the passport of a "low risk" country (usually those ETA eligible) should not be much different to those for a British or Irish citizen.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

The Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the rough

Mine was much the same story, once they had all my stuff my Visa was granted with no interview.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 7:11 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Visa granted with no interview here, but it's down to the evidence you provide and their gut feeling. Most pass with no interview.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 8:40 am
Just Joined

paul_s is an unknown quantity at this point

yep same here - no interview or anything....
Old Oct 7th 2006, 10:05 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Visa took nearly 2 months but we had the hold up of having to get him an Australian police clearance as he had spent over 12 months in Australia if you added up his working holiday and previous holidays!

Old Oct 7th 2006, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby's took about a month but I think it was a busy time for them. This was April last year. No interview requested, and I as the Aussie have been resident in the UK for the last 37 years.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 11:13 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
Visa took nearly 2 months but we had the hold up of having to get him an Australian police clearance as he had spent over 12 months in Australia if you added up his working holiday and previous holidays!

I'd spent over 12 months in Aus in one stretch, not including holidays... declared that on the paperwork, put the visa number down and approx dates and didn't have to get any form of Aussie police clearance. Mine came through in less than a week.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 2:48 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
If the non Australian citizen is not a UK citizen - they are likely to have an interview. If the application shows minor mistakes - ie two statements giving differing info. Stuff like that.
Thanks for all the replies.
Hopefully it will be fine as I'm a British Citizen and OH has dual nationality British/Australian. C x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.