Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

presents and poo

presents and poo

Old May 26th 2004, 5:53 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: presents and poo

Originally posted by Ceri
I need some suggestions what to do with some roo poo before it turns light brown .. it's nice and fresh and dark at the moment ( actually I think it's wallaby poo)... I need to resin it soon before it fades.
For the past week we've been having big gerbils bounce all over our property.. but only in the night ( that's what makes me think it's wallabies.. nocturnal, where roos normally we see at dusk) .

Hubby got a glimpse of one the other night.. but being dark, and half tanked .. he couldn't tell if it was a wallaby or a roo., or a big gerbil... just they were smaller than your average roo.
Anyway with Christmas in mind for the rellies.. I collected the droppings yesterday evening after opening a few .. definitely roo or wallaby poo .. I can't tell which one though ( I checked to see if it was cat sh*te.. nope... doing my David bellamony* impression).. and it's not koala poo ( we've koalas on our property).. I know what that poo looks like it's more oval and long.. unlike my poo ( pardon the pun)

I've thought about turning some into keyrings.. bit boring though. do people ever use keyrings??

Anyway.. this years presents to the in-laws will be literally sh*te from our own garden.. I'll take photo's when I've done something with them.. this may help some others who have a hard time in finding presents to send home to the in-laws...
I like to share my "crafty" tips

cheers

Just been thinking about you an hour ago, Ceri.

I've just been walking around a bookshop and on the shelf was a book called 'An Encyclopaedia of Poo'. Only £5! All different sorts, from human to animal. The book was shrink wrapped so I couldn't look inside, but the pictures on the front and back looked good!

Hardly bedtime reading, but it might be interesting!

Steve.
Old May 26th 2004, 7:43 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SteveBannister

I've just been walking around a bookshop and on the shelf was a book called 'An Encyclopaedia of Poo'. Only £5! All different sorts, from human to animal. The book was shrink wrapped so I couldn't look inside, but the pictures on the front and back looked good!

Hardly bedtime reading, but it might be interesting!

Steve.
Steve,
I am flushing with embarrassment to ask but was it printed in Looe, Cornwall ?
Old Jun 24th 2004, 1:43 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by SteveBannister

I've just been walking around a bookshop and on the shelf was a book called 'An Encyclopaedia of Poo'
Steve.
Poo will never be the same eh? What a way to be remembered - I don't think I quite like that lol.

I also found out later it was indeed wallaby poo. The wallaby comes each night, I've actually got him on film. And since then I've collected another big tub of his poo, as I don't want to leave anyone off my christmas list, just in case I look to be favouring mum-in-law with the best gifts - there's heaps to go around now.

Anyway, an update. I've turned some into magnets that I have stuck up on the fan. This is called "The sh*t hits the fan", and another is decorating a book. The other I turned into a paper weight, but I don't have that picture on this camera.
Attached Thumbnails presents and poo-wallaby-fan.jpg  
Old Jun 24th 2004, 1:45 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

A pretty book:
Attached Thumbnails presents and poo-wallaby-book.jpg  
Old Jun 24th 2004, 7:28 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG!
Old Jun 24th 2004, 8:14 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

lol!
Brilliant Ceri!

Good luck with the rest!
Old Jun 24th 2004, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

P.s Girls, cocktail sticks are very handy tools..
I bought a pack of 6 cocktail sticks in Anchorage a few years ago - they were supposedly reindeer poo. I was convinced they were made of plastic - who would actually make something out of real poo??? Now I'm not so sure...

Brought them home to give out to my friends - they found them disgusting even when I said it was just really good imitation made from plastic. Should I tell my friends the truth now???

Mrs JTL
Old Jun 25th 2004, 12:08 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by JackTheLad
I bought a pack of 6 cocktail sticks in Anchorage a few years ago - they were supposedly reindeer poo. I was convinced they were made of plastic - who would actually make something out of real poo??? Now I'm not so sure...

Brought them home to give out to my friends - they found them disgusting even when I said it was just really good imitation made from plastic. Should I tell my friends the truth now???

Mrs JTL
When they are coated/dipped in resin they do feel/look like hard plastic.
Only one way to tell - saw one half , you may find that it is real.

Nah I wouldn't tell them, they may not be able to contain their excitment at owning such a genuine treasure.They also may invite you to their cocktail parties to share in their good fortune, and if you're not a cocktail party lass, you'd have to make endless excuses to why you're not using their cocktail sticks.

Wait until you are in Aus, collect some kangaroo/wallaby or koala poo etc, put some on cocktail sticks yourself, coat them in resin.. and send them to your friends to go with their reindeer ones. Write them a note to go with it "thinking of you, thought these would go very nicely with your plastic reindeer stick collection"
Your friends will love you for it.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 12:26 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Ulujain
What about elephants?

Ha ha,

I have tha picture on my notice board at work with the slogan "and you think your job is bad" on it.

Just reminded me of WORK, not a good thing at 1.25 in the mornign whe I have to be at work in 6 hours

K
Old Jun 25th 2004, 12:39 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by kala
Ha ha,

I have tha picture on my notice board at work with the slogan "and you think your job is bad" on it.

Just reminded me of WORK, not a good thing at 1.25 in the mornign whe I have to be at work in 6 hours

K

OK have now read the whole thread and don know whether to be scared or to be happy about the fact that I can from now on be excited about "buying" my nan her Xmas pressies.

Ceri, You really aren't normal!! did Oz do that to you? if so everyone else re-think you plans.

but seriuosly Ceri, loved this thread, came very close to peeing my pants with laughter!

K
Old Jun 25th 2004, 1:29 am
Y Ddraig Goch

OK have now read the whole thread and don know whether to be scared or to be happy about the fact that I can from now on be excited about "buying" my nan her Xmas pressies.

Ceri, You really aren't normal!! did Oz do that to you? if so everyone else re-think you plans.

but seriuosly Ceri, loved this thread, came very close to peeing my pants with laughter!

K
something happened to me in my childhood lol.. actually it did! I used to collect little skulls in the sand dunes, from mice skulls, fox, rabbit, bird etc .. they were really lovely, I was always fascinated by them .. I used to spend hours gathering them up, bring them back home , and my mum would go "yuck get those out of the house now, they are dirty" - they weren't they were bleached clean by the sun - very white. she would make me chuck them out ( found out years later, it was because she hated skulls/bones not because they were dirty).. anyway, me and my dad used to go off across the mountains, and countryside collecting birds eggs ( illegally I may add) and all manner of things... then hide them from my mum.
I was suppressed by my mum - she also kept releasing my pet grass snakes.. saying to me they had escaped - like hell they did! I used to keep them in an old tin army trunk in the garden.

I also had an imaginary friend for years ,when I was little, he was called snakey lakey ( a big massive snake friend) ..lol... if I did anything wrong and got told off.. my friend snakey lake was going to come and get them all... I always remember my dad killing him - it was on a long car journey and I was being a brat " snakey lakey" this and that ..for hours on end from the back seat of the car, my dad pulled over in a service station, got out , then came back and said "I've just killed snakey lakey" ... and I believed him! I shut up for the rest of the trip - our relationship was never the same after that according to my mum - she told him off later for doing that to a child - you should not have killed her snake, it could damage her.

Am I in need of a psychiatrist yet?? lol

cheers
P.s morale of the story let your kids collect things.. or they'll grow up to be like me :scared:

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 25th 2004 at 1:48 am.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 1:43 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

something happened to me in my childhood lol.. actually it did! I used to collect little skulls in the sand dunes, from mice skulls, fox, rabbit, bird etc .. they were really lovely, I was always fascinated by them .. I used to spend hours gathering them up, bring them back home , and my mum would go "yuck get those out of the house now, they are dirty" - they weren't they were bleached clean by the sun - very white. she would make me chuck them out ( found out years later, it was because she hated skulls/bones not because they were dirty).. anyway, me and my dad used to go off across the mountains, and countryside collecting birds eggs ( illegally I may add) and all manner of things... then hide them from my mum.
I was suppressed by my mum - she also kept releasing my pet grass snakes.. saying to me they had escaped - like hell they did! I used to keep them in an old tin army trunk in the garden.

I also had an imaginary friend for years ,when I was little, he was called snakey lakey ( a big massive snake friend) ..lol... if I did aything wrong and got told off.. my friend snakey lake was going to come and get them all... I always remeber my dad killing him - it was on a long car journey and I was being a brat " snakey lakey" this and that ..for ours on end form the back seat of the car, my dad pulled over in a service station, got out , then came back and said "I've just killed snakey lakey" ... and I believed him! I shut up for the rest of the trip - our realationship was never the same after that according to my mum - she told him off later for doing that to a child - you should not have killed her snake, it could damage her.

cheers
P.s morale of the story let your kids collect things.. or they'll grow up to be like me :scared:

Moral of that story............................................. ...
dont ever have kids!

K
Old Jun 25th 2004, 1:50 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Moral of that story............................................. ...
dont ever have kids!

K
Well I was thinking of calling one future kid Snakey ( for a boy) and Lakey ( for the girl) lol
Old Jun 25th 2004, 1:51 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ceri, You really aren't normal!!
We've all been telling her that for a long time, but I dont think she believes us

Bloody hell, I'll never complain when Chris wants to bring home a bottle full of smelly yabby claws again :scared: :scared:
Old Jun 25th 2004, 2:05 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
We've all been telling her that for a long time, but I dont think she believes us

Bloody hell, I'll never complain when Chris wants to bring home a bottle full of smelly yabby claws again :scared: :scared:
I am sane in an insane world... it's the rest of you that are not normal
Print out these crafts for your son.. he may want to try some poo crafts to give to his fav teacher for christmas.. don't suppress him.. he may be a genius in the making

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.