Present Idea

Old May 19th 2004, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough
Default Present Idea

Chaps,

A former work colleague of mine is emigrating next week. I've been asked by another colleague to suggest what they might buy him as a leaving present from the UK.

They're looking for something that you can't get here. (here being Australia)

Any ideas?
Old May 19th 2004, 11:50 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Present Idea

Originally posted by RichS
Chaps,

A former work colleague of mine is emigrating next week. I've been asked by another colleague to suggest what they might buy him as a leaving present from the UK.

Any ideas?
Curry, Walkers, pint of bitter, M&S undies and in your case a doona.
Old May 20th 2004, 12:39 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bondipom
awe u still not got urself a doona.........wee shame
Old May 20th 2004, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

no still no doona
Old May 20th 2004, 2:10 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL

Maybe boring, but what about something old (antique cufflinks/watch etc?). Not many decent places that sell that sort of stuff over here (well not in Brisbane anyway! ) .

Must be stuck on the thought of old things today .
Old May 20th 2004, 3:16 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Chaps,

Any ideas?
.. pay attention will you! .. squirrel dropping may work (or badgers if you can find any).. we haven't any squirrels in Aus.

Ok .. if you don't want that, how about a nice book of the British isles.. hard to come by are good books in Aus.. or a framed painting ( real painting/art work) of some local scene for him to remember His town by... or if your looking for something small, why don't you all get together and create a photo album and inscribe each page.. with well wishes , and funny stories of events that have happened etc.. Like a memento... something for him to keep and enjoy in years to come

The obvious one is food.. but he probably won't miss that for the first few months.. by the time he craves walkers crisps etc.. they would have gone past their sell by date.Plus he'll probably look at you stupid for giving him some measly packets of crisps.. try telling anybody in the UK to send you some crisps and they reply is usually Uh? .. my mum said last year .. what do you want for Christmas.. I replied just send me some walkers crisps, tinned laver bread and a viz annual.. she thought I was mad..But that's what I got... and I was well chuffed.
Old May 20th 2004, 3:19 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Any ideas?

Snow?
Old May 20th 2004, 4:09 am
rudo1ph

a years supply of Marmite and pickled onion flavoured monster muches!!

Old May 20th 2004, 4:25 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by rudo1ph
a years supply of Marmite and pickled onion flavoured monster muches!!
I'll take the Marmite, you can definitely keep the pickled onion stuff! :scared:
Old May 20th 2004, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

xxsparklesxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, sorry...I don't have an idea for you, I just had to say that I'm so pleased I'm not the only one who misses Walkers Crisps. Smokey Bacon flavour in particular!!!
Old May 20th 2004, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

xxsparklesxx is an unknown quantity at this point

ooooo... and pickled onion flavoured monster munch.

Although I bought a (very expensive) packet in an English shop in Sydney and they have changed. They used to be big chunky things that got stuck all round your teeth and you could bite the toes off one by one!! But now they are really small and made of a much lighter corn stuff.
I was a tad disapointed.
Old May 20th 2004, 7:43 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by xxsparklesxx
Hi, sorry...I don't have an idea for you, I just had to say that I'm so pleased I'm not the only one who misses Walkers Crisps. Smokey Bacon flavour in particular!!!
I'm afraid I don't miss the things although I wouldn't say no. I wouldn't mind a pint of bitter now its winter but guinness will do.
Old May 20th 2004, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by xxsparklesxx
ooooo... and pickled onion flavoured monster munch.

Although I bought a (very expensive) packet in an English shop in Sydney and they have changed. They used to be big chunky things that got stuck all round your teeth and you could bite the toes off one by one!! But now they are really small and made of a much lighter corn stuff.
I was a tad disapointed.
I craved these when I was preggers! Don't think I've eaten them since. Problem is if I crave them in a future pregnancy in Aus... :scared:
I think a framed print would be a good idea, maybe a watercolour by a local artist?
Old May 20th 2004, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

Chaps,

Any ideas?
Can't get this in Oz

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/s...&product=MZ014
Attached Thumbnails Present Idea-m500045_rwc_ms_200_160.jpg  
Old May 20th 2004, 8:57 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

I'm afraid I don't miss the things although I wouldn't say no. I wouldn't mind a pint of bitter now its winter but guinness will do.
Australia is drowning in bitters; what's wrong with VB, Carlton Cold, XXXX, Melbourne Bitter, etc, ad anon? Don't like them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.