Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

prescriptions? & Visas?

prescriptions? & Visas?

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:19 am
sunseekers

sunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to all
Default prescriptions? & Visas?

can anyone tell me how much prescriptions cost in Australia, my wife is asthmatic and will need regular prescriptions, these things are useful to know before we get there.

We had our TRA approved today and will be sending our visa application off this week can anyone give me a rough idea of how long visas take to get back (SIR Visa)
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future
Default Re: prescriptions? & Visas?

Originally Posted by sunseekers
can anyone tell me how much prescriptions cost in Australia, my wife is asthmatic and will need regular prescriptions, these things are useful to know before we get there.

We had our TRA approved today and will be sending our visa application off this week can anyone give me a rough idea of how long visas take to get back (SIR Visa)
Hi Adam
There doesn't seem to be a set charge like in the Uk. So far we have paid $13 for anti-inflammatories (won't be doing any more headstands with the kids!) $19 for antibiotics and $28 for babies prescription milk. I imagine asthma meds will be somewhere between these amounts.
Sorry, not much help
Yvonne
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 3:26 pm
sunseekers

sunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to all

Hi Yvonne, thanks for the advice it is a help as it gives us a general idea of what to expect price wise, cheers
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 4:31 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunseekers

I know when I was in QLD, the prices of ventolin would vary. You buy them over the counter there instead of seeing a doctor. Although you may still be able to get them on prescription but I dont know.

I paid $12 for a ventolin, then it was about £5? That was two years ago.

The chemists there are very good and often run asthma check ups and they seemed to be on the ball with it.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 4:34 pm
sunseekers

Thanx for your replies i was thinking of stocking up before we go !!!