Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Prepacked sandwiches...

Prepacked sandwiches...

Old May 2nd 2006, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of
Default Prepacked sandwiches...

Does anyone else find it weird how none of the stores out here sell prepacked sandwiches? I used to love prepacked bacon/chicken mayo sandwiches from M&S in the UK, and was shocked to find they don't sell similar prepacked sandwiches here!

When I asked someone for a prepacked sandwich, I got a look that just screamed "PSYCHO ON AISLE 4!"

LOL

Has anyone else noticed?
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

remmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really nice
Default Re: Prepacked sandwiches...

You can get them at BP service stations (Coffee shop) but it always bugs me the way they put the 'gunk' on the sarnie instead of having it on the side in a sachet or something for those who don't want that shoite - it was the same in the UK too. Fussy me?

Another thing is when my daughter used to say buttie (is that a Northern thing?) her friends thought she was saying bottie - she fell about.

Originally Posted by jdt3000
Does anyone else find it weird how none of the stores out here sell prepacked sandwiches? I used to love prepacked bacon/chicken mayo sandwiches from M&S in the UK, and was shocked to find they don't sell similar prepacked sandwiches here!

When I asked someone for a prepacked sandwich, I got a look that just screamed "PSYCHO ON AISLE 4!"

LOL

Has anyone else noticed?
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL

Has anyone else noticed?
Yes and I think it's great. Never used to know what was in them or how long they had been there. They always tasted plastic - yes even M&S Give me an Aussie mountain made in front of my eyes for about the same cost any day
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:35 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

When we were in Perth on our reccie trip, we couldn't get sandwiches anywhere (except from "Subway"). My husband jokingly said, he'd start a sandwich shop when we get there.

One day, when we were at the Caversham Wildlife Park, they had cheese salad sandwiches on their "menu". So, we ordered them. Well ... , we got two slices of something like "Mighty White" (i.e. pretend bread), with something that looked vaguely like cheese, but very yellow, processed to within an inch of its life and totally tasteless, and one lettuce leaf. Clearly, they still have a loooong way to go in the swandwich making stakes.

Gina

Last edited by GinaUK; May 2nd 2006 at 10:55 am.
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:06 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly. But I prefer the fresh ones around the corner from my work
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

LOL

Has anyone else noticed?
There are a handful of places in the Sydney CBD that sell pre-packed sandwiches along the lines of BLTs, Tuna mayo etc. They're geared up for people in a hurry who can't wait to have a sandwich made on the spot in a proper sandwich shop.

Proper sandwich shops make them on the spot and they're fantastic. You normally get a choice of a dozen types of bread/roll and then zillions of fillings. Order any salad sandwich and it's so high that you can hardly open your mouth wide enough to fit it in...

Only a fool would want a pre-packaged sandwich made hours before and containing god-knows-what.
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nickyc
There are a handful of places in the Sydney CBD that sell pre-packed sandwiches along the lines of BLTs, Tuna mayo etc. They're geared up for people in a hurry who can't wait to have a sandwich made on the spot in a proper sandwich shop.

Proper sandwich shops make them on the spot and they're fantastic. You normally get a choice of a dozen types of bread/roll and then zillions of fillings. Order any salad sandwich and it's so high that you can hardly open your mouth wide enough to fit it in...

Only a fool would want a pre-packaged sandwich made hours before and containing god-knows-what.
Oh, so I'm a fool now?!?

For your information, all they seem to sell in the places up here are pies! While I like pies, don't get me wrong, I'm starting to get a bit sick of them...
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, so I'm a fool now?!?

For your information, all they seem to sell in the places up here are pies! While I like pies, don't get me wrong, I'm starting to get a bit sick of them...
Perhaps I should have said only a fool would want a pre-packaged sandwich over a freshly made one.

It's fine having a pre-packaged sandwich when there's no alternative

Maybe it's because Buderim is a bit unsophisticated in the sandwich stakes....
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, so I'm a fool now?!?

Woah, let's not get upset here. Let's all calm down. Can no one have a frank and open discussion about sandwiches without it it getting ugly?
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Woah, let's not get upset here. Let's all calm down. Can no one have a frank and open discussion about sandwiches without it it getting ugly?
LMAO

You're right, sorry I apologise...

It did seem like he was calling me a fool though...
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO

You're right, sorry I apologise...

It did seem like he was calling me a fool though...
No, you're right. He was looking at you funny as well.
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:44 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
No, you're right. He was looking at you funny as well.
And he spilled your pint.
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Errrrrrrrrrrr..............Yeah

LOL
Old May 2nd 2006, 12:15 pm
Banned

Cosh Fulton is a jewel in the roughCosh Fulton is a jewel in the roughCosh Fulton is a jewel in the roughCosh Fulton is a jewel in the rough

LOL

Has anyone else noticed?
OK, 19 year old bloke - probably burn water when you make a cuppa - right?

Go to grocery store and buy:
. Bun, roll, pocket bread, flat bread,
. carrot,
. cheese,
. sliced salami,
. cheese / veg grater.

Open bread, grate carrot & cheese onto bread, add salami, close bread, clamp choppers around package, rip, chew 20 times for each bite, swallow. Remember to drink with meal.

Alternate ingredients:
. dried tomatoes in oil,
. wee fishees,
. kasundi,
. feta cheese,
. sprouts,
. ...
Old May 2nd 2006, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cosh Fulton
OK, 19 year old bloke - probably burn water when you make a cuppa - right?

Go to grocery store and buy:
. Bun, roll, pocket bread, flat bread,
. carrot,
. cheese,
. sliced salami,
. cheese / veg grater.

Open bread, grate carrot & cheese onto bread, add salami, close bread, clamp choppers around package, rip, chew 20 times for each bite, swallow. Remember to drink with meal.

Alternate ingredients:
. dried tomatoes in oil,
. wee fishees,
. kasundi,
. feta cheese,
. sprouts,
. ...
Ha frickin ha! I know how to make a sandwich, I just found it weird that they don't sell ready made sandwiches anywhere round where I live...They really easy for if you're going down the beach for the day, or if you're going to the park or fishing or something...I suppose pies must be the Australian equivalent of a sandwich eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.