Premium Bonds

Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:28 pm

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Premium Bonds

Can anyone tell me if i can keep my premium bonds here in the UK when i move to Oz?
I know that i will have to pay tax on any winnings but not sure if thats here in the UK or Oz or both? and i know they have restrictions in certain countries such as the US, that you can't keep them, but i haven't been able to find a list of countries that they allow them to continue, if that makes any sense.
Any help would be gratefully accepted, as im very confused.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:45 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premium Bonds

Well I don't know the rules exactly, but I still have mine! I changed my address and check every month online.....still no luck, COME ON Ernie!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Darren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really nice

Hi

yes you can keep them, I rang before leaving and checked. Just wait until you're got a permanent address in Aus, then write to advise your new address.

Good luck!

Karen
Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:32 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you can keep them - but not buy any new ones.

You pay tax in Australia on the winnings and of course are at the mercy of exchange rates when you cash them in - plus having to pay Australian tax on any increase in capital value.

Sold all mine before leaving - we had a constant income from them but the hassle was going to be too much!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

Is there anything simular in Australia as I do quite well with mine too
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:31 pm

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your replies, i too get a very nice income from my bonds and thats why i wanted to keep them. Another question though, do you get a cheque in Oz dollars? And then do i just declare the winnings on my tax forms?