Premium Bonds

Old May 25th 2004, 12:35 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jacqui
Just in case you might be sitting on a small fortune ha ha if only, you can now type in your premium bonds holder number and it will let you know if you've won anything. Here's the link http://www.nsandi.com/products/pb/ha...eYouWon&view=1

Bet there's loads of you ever hopefuls rummaging through drawers right now!
I checked this site out a few months ago, and guess what?

I won 500 quid!!!! :PARTY:
Old May 25th 2004, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, you should average about 2.4% as someone else said but when both my husband and I held what was then the maximum of 20,000 we never even went close to achieving the 2.4%, 1% was more like it. However, was thrilled the one month I did win 500 quid.
Old May 25th 2004, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

I have had just the one £500 win too.

My mum only had about £100 worth of premium bonds and she won £500 back in 1986. It was a few months before my wedding, so as you can imagine, she was highly delighted. £500 would have bought a lot more 18 years ago. When I rang her at work to tell her there was a letter postmarked from Lytham St Annes she told me to open it but didn't believe how much the cheque was for, thought it was a wind-up.

My dad only had a handful of premium bonds too, and he won £100 in 1970. I can vaguely remember him hugging me and being excited and I was shouting we're rich (I was only 5 years old). What would today's equivalent be of that £100 win? Anyone know how to work it out? Mum had big plans on how to spend the money, but Dad just bought some more bonds!

Last edited by Jacqui; May 25th 2004 at 8:09 am.
Old May 25th 2004, 2:17 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Jacqui
What would today's equivalent be of that £100 win? Anyone know how to work it out?
In 1970 a labourers wage was £13.00 per week. from here

So £100 would be about 7.7 times an average wage, say £464.70 these days.

So about £3,500 in todays money.