Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Premier Economy Tickets

Premier Economy Tickets

Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:07 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Premier Economy Tickets

I'm flying home soon and am allowed a premier economy ticket (yeeehaaa). Has anyone any experience of flying on this ticket and what benefits come with it? Thanks.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:25 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier Economy Tickets

Usually its slightly wider seats, more leg room and seat recline, more channels, more choice with food/wine etc. It depends on the airline - who are you flying with?

Its ok, I wouldn't pay to upgrade but if someone else is paying I wouldn't say no.

Last edited by WS; Jun 21st 2009 at 5:28 am. Reason: sp
Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:27 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

It largely depends on which carrier and route you use. Singapore no longer offer a premium econ product. BA, Air NZ, Virgin Atlantic, Qantas offer PE products but they all vary in what they offer. Generally though expect a economy type seat with greater seat pitch, slightly better recline, business class type food service and a dedicated check in.

Luggage allowance may be more also. But as I said, it largely depends on which carrier and route. If you post it back then I, or someone else, may be able to inform you better.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tooterelli
I'm flying home soon and am allowed a premier economy ticket (yeeehaaa). Has anyone any experience of flying on this ticket and what benefits come with it? Thanks.
If its Qantas it nearly as good as Business, I upgraded on points last time I went home. Food and drink up to business standards, champagne onboarding etc. Business Class crew. Seats bigegr than economy, and they are the busines -style ones with tray tables in the arms etc.
Wouldn't pay for it, but I'd upgrade on points again,
Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:35 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a summary for you to compare the differences in carriers.

http://www.jetabroad.com.au/PremiumEconomy/
Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:37 am
Account Closed

Oooh thank you all. Great help. I'm not paying for it...it's part of our package so I can choose which carrier.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Centurion
Luggage allowance may be more also. But as I said, it largely depends on which carrier and route. If you post it back then I, or someone else, may be able to inform you better.

The routing is Brisbane to LHR. Has anyone flowed PE on this route?
Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:57 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The routing is Brisbane to LHR. Has anyone flowed PE on this route?
Yep, with Qantas, as above.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yep, with Qantas, as above.
Indeed, Qantas are the only carrier who fly to BNE with a PE product, except Air NZ, but then you have to fly via the US anyhow with them. I think the Qantas one looks the better out of all of them to be honest.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 6:51 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Centurion
Indeed, Qantas are the only carrier who fly to BNE with a PE product, except Air NZ, but then you have to fly via the US anyhow with them. I think the Qantas one looks the better out of all of them to be honest.
They were good, I have to say. Upgraded to Business on points last year, and PE this year, not much to choose between them
Old Jun 21st 2009, 11:58 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Done it with Virgin, was well worth it for the experience. Bigger seats, sparkly wine when we got on, Just generally more comfy and spacious.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 12:47 pm
K14
Forum Regular

K14 will become famous soon enoughK14 will become famous soon enough

We are allowed the same and last year had a return flight premier economy seats with Qantas (from UK for a reccie). Only the leg from London to Singapore had premium economy - not the Singapore to Perth.

The Premium economy seats were really comfortable. Much better than economy. Service was better too. The are was sectioned off from economy and seemed alot quieter.

Now the hitch..... we got the Premium economy seats from London to Singapore. Then on the return flight they changed the plane to one that didn't have premium economy - and put us in economy. Even though they had spare business seats which they could have put us into. Qantas customer service is awful and they said they couldn't do anything. They just said we'd get a refund (which we did get a partial refund). We really wanted the premium economy as I have a back injury and it made alot of difference being in a more comfortable seat.

Anyway if you are lucky and get premium economy both ways you'll be fine. But it will be down to luck!

We are allowed premium economy seats to fly back at Xmas - have booked economy seats with Singapore Airlines as we'd rather travel in the new A380 economy seats than get stuck with Qantas economy. Also Qantas stewards in economy make you feel like you're inconveniencing them asking for anything - service is a bit better in premium economy and alot better travelling business. Whereas even in economy Singapore service is fine (which it should be shouldn't it).

Hope that helps a bit.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 11:02 pm
Account Closed

Thank you all for your advice/information. From what you're saying Squantas is the only airline that flies BNE to LHR with PE so I'll try that.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 11:35 pm

Check out Malaysian airlines economy+ fare. It offers a business class seat for not much beyond premium econ prices. Malaysian business class is a angled lie flat sleeper seat. Just an idea to check prices on that.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 11:41 pm
Account Closed

Thanks but it won't pass the company that's paying for my flight (you know what they are like!) It must say Premier Economy on the receipt or I won't be re-imbursed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.