Pregnant!!!!

Old Mar 1st 2004, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Pregnant!!!!

We have just had our credit card charged so know that the forms have arrived in Adelaide for Australian Sponsered Skilled Visa!!!

I am currently 18 weeks pregnant and am unsure when is the best time to tell them - when it's born? now? when they ask for meds? etc. I don't want to piss them off by them asking for meds and then us replying saying actually there is going to be 3 of us now - or - we can't have the meds till August becuase I can't have an X-ray whilst pregnant. Looking at timelines they seem to be quite quick on Aussie Sponsered cases.

Anyone else with similar experiences??

Lucy
Old Mar 1st 2004, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all
Default Re: Pregnant!!!!

Hi Lucy

If it helps, heres what we did. We put in our family sponsored application last july. Three weeks later (to our horror) I found out I was 12 weeks pregnant with an unplanned baby. Our house was already sold and we were moving to rented.

We have used an Agent and based on his advice we informed Adelaide and they said they would put our application on hold until the baby arrived. She is now a week late (bloody babies).

As I understand it, you can't have your medical done because of the x-ray, so we thought better in the long run to wait until the baby arrives than risk them asking for the medicals and we couldn't have them done.

Once the baby decides to put in an appearance, we need a change of circumstance form, certified copies of birth certificate and a passport and this can all go on our existing application. To continue without meant having to put the baby on an application of its own with all the costs entailed.

Hope this helps.

Jo
Old Mar 1st 2004, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

THYE.A. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lucy.summers
We have just had our credit card charged so know that the forms have arrived in Adelaide for Australian Sponsered Skilled Visa!!!

I am currently 18 weeks pregnant and am unsure when is the best time to tell them - when it's born? now? when they ask for meds? etc. I don't want to piss them off by them asking for meds and then us replying saying actually there is going to be 3 of us now - or - we can't have the meds till August becuase I can't have an X-ray whilst pregnant. Looking at timelines they seem to be quite quick on Aussie Sponsered cases.

Lucy
I did not inform DIMIA when I discovered my wife is pregnant.When they asked for medical, then only tell them.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 12:37 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lucy.summers

Lucy
My wife was pregnant when we applied (136 skilled Ind.) & we only told them after our son was born. We sent a 1022 form.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Lucy. (Sorry cant offer any advice with the visa tho!!) Good luck with the pregnancy.

Eat more pineapple Jo, that'll get it out...else I'll be caught up with you (3 weeks to go and fed up of this excruciating backpain!!) Do they ever turn up early?????
Old Mar 1st 2004, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

I knew my wife was pregnant when we applied. I did not tell them until after the baby was born. Sent them an e-mail, they said congrats and told us what to do to include him.

This was all when they asked for our medicals. They just sent another form.

Whatever you do, don't worry about them being 'funny' or you messing them around or keeping info from them - I don't think they work like that. I'd wait for them to ask for the medicals so your application has got that far and then explain why there will be a delay.

No problemo !!
Old Mar 1st 2004, 1:33 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

The risk from properly done X-ray to unborn baby is small, no need to put your life on hold.