Pregnancy

Old Mar 9th 2003, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Nisha007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pregnancy

Hello everybody
I applied under Skilled independent category in July 2002, now i have become pregnant what should i do.
Should i informed DIMA about that .
I have not received any thing from DIMA except my acknowledgment.
Pl reply me i am in need of this information
Thanks
Nisha
Old Mar 9th 2003, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pregnancy

Hi and congrats!

You'll have to decide when you are asked to do medicals whether you are prepared to have xray, or ask them to put your application on hold till the baby is born, then continue the processing after adding the baby on.

I don't think you need to tell them anything until that point..

Good luck...
Mash...

Originally posted by Nisha007
Hello everybody
I applied under Skilled independent category in July 2002, now i have become pregnant what should i do.
Thanks
Nisha
Old Mar 10th 2003, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Nisha007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pregnancy

hello,
It is not clear in the reply.
Sould i wait as long as i get medicals?
Some one told me that it is necessary to inform DIMA about my pregnancy.
If any body has confirmed information about it pl let me know.
I am worried a lot a bot it
Thanks
Nisha
Old Mar 10th 2003, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

I think wait until request for medicals, others may advise different. I can't see why they need to know sooner unless the baby is born before request in which case get it added to your application then when you have birth certificate, and get medical done on baby aswell.

Mash...

hello,
Thanks
Nisha
Old Mar 13th 2003, 1:17 am
Just Joined

garryinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mashiraz
Hi and congrats!

You'll have to decide when you are asked to do medicals whether you are prepared to have xray, or ask them to put your application on hold till the baby is born, then continue the processing after adding the baby on.

I don't think you need to tell them anything until that point..

Good luck...
Mash...
DONT DO THAT, dont put ur application on hold. The rules can change anytime so the faster ur application keeps passing thru the pipeline, the better.
Wait for the baby to be born. Incase ur medicals come while the baby is still unborn inform the doctor, he will have to postpone ur Chest-X rays (as they have to rule out any active Tuberculosis). You have not mentioned how many months pregnancy u have and when ur medicals r expected. Incase the timing is right then no delays, otherwise some delay would occur.
Not to worry Nisha, I am sure the coming baby would bring joys, happiness and propsperity in your lives.
garryinoz
Old Jun 26th 2003, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

marknclaire is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everybody
Thanks
Nisha
Nisha,
my wife and I applied last year in the same visa category, several months passed and the request for medicals arrived, One month earlier we had discovered my wife was pregnant, upon advice from our GP and migration agent(dont give me a hard time for using an agent!) we have done our medicals (wife did not have an x-ray and the GP signed off the form). We are now waiting for a reply from the DMIA as to wether we have been successfull or not-it is 5 weeks since we sent our medical forms to them. Every day is torture waiting for news as we are aware ir could go either way.

my advice is wait for the medicals to be requested then make your decision then(to inform them or not)

best of luck

mark
Old Jun 27th 2003, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by garryinoz
Wait for the baby to be born. Incase ur medicals come while the baby is still unborn inform the doctor, he will have to postpone ur Chest-X rays (as they have to rule out any active Tuberculosis).
The doctor has no right to pospone your medical xray it is down to personal choice,a choice which is difficult with all the differing info about xray when pregnant.We took the advise to wait until after the 12th week as this was a time when the risk was at its least.We advised dimia after we had our xrays and were due to go about feb 2003 but our docter mucked up my wifes medical(pregnant women need to have a hepititis b blood test he forgot)delaying the medical for several months.She was then too late to fly so we put it on hold until the baby was born.Our daughter was born 27th may and has her medical is on monday.Dont worry about it,wait for your medical then make your decision,the difficult thing is the timing of it all
Old Jun 27th 2003, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by marknclaire
Nisha,
my wife and I applied last year in the same visa category, several months passed and the request for medicals arrived, One month earlier we had discovered my wife was pregnant, upon advice from our GP and migration agent(dont give me a hard time for using an agent!) we have done our medicals (wife did not have an x-ray and the GP signed off the form). We are now waiting for a reply from the DMIA as to wether we have been successfull or not-it is 5 weeks since we sent our medical forms to them. Every day is torture waiting for news as we are aware ir could go either way.

my advice is wait for the medicals to be requested then make your decision then(to inform them or not)

best of luck

mark
Mark,I would check this with your agent again as I believe unlike NZ you must have the xray before a visa is granted.We were in a similar situation and both our agent and dimia told us that without the xray our application unless put on hold would fail.NZ are a lot more humane and dont expect parents to be to be put in a position where a you have to make a decision like that.I hope the ozzies have changed there policy in the last few months but I doubt it .Agents dont always get it right!Do yourself a favour and check again.hope I`m wrong and congartulations
Old Jun 27th 2003, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

hello,
Thanks
Nisha
Nisha sorry but I forgot to say congratulations,MUST have been the late night nappy changes and feeds jockney