Pregnancy

Old Feb 4th 2003, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Pregnancy

Hi everyone. I am Keel's lovely wife! We recently discovered that I am pregnant. We have not told the embassy yet but have now had medicals and x-rays and the doctor has put this info on my form. We are in a quandry as to wether to let the embassy know by letter or just let them discover our change in circs when they open the medical envelopes. What have other people done in our situation?
Old Feb 4th 2003, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pregnancy

Hi- I only found it in the New Year and I have phoned and informed my case officer. They do say you must tell DIMA by law but lets face it- even if you posted it, then it would sit in a queue until all the other stuff was opened anyway. Personally, I would send the letter with your case officer/ file number on the front and then let them open it in their own good time!

Originally posted by keel
Hi everyone. I am Keel's lovely wife! We recently discovered that I am pregnant. We have not told the embassy yet but have now had medicals and x-rays and the doctor has put this info on my form. We are in a quandry as to wether to let the embassy know by letter or just let them discover our change in circs when they open the medical envelopes. What have other people done in our situation?
Old Feb 4th 2003, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

lorrimer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pregnancy

Originally posted by keel

Hi,
My wife was pregnant when we went for our xrays. They refused to xray her (I had mine done). We informed DIMA and they told us that we had two choices :

We could either put the whole application on hold until after the baby was born. They would then include the new baby in our application ie no extra cost. We would then all have to go for xrays and medicals together. This was what we eventually did and the only extra charge was £100 for the baby’s medical (no xray required), plus the wasted first xray that I had done.

Or

They would continue to process our application and when we had our visas we could travel to Australia to have the baby delivered there. As the baby would then be born to Aussie permanent residents it would automatically be an Australian citizen.
This is the situation that we are in at the moment. Our second baby in due in July and we have decided to go to Australia in May and have the baby there.

If you get your PR visas and have the baby here, you will have to make a completely new migration application for the baby ie £600-700s plus all the forms and hassle.

So to answer your question, yes I think you should tell them ASAP. They may then offer to put your application on hold if that is what you would prefer as we did.

Hope that helps,
Lorrimer
Old Feb 5th 2003, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Now this really interests me as I so want children but my agent said wait till I have had the medicals or they will not let you have an x ray and your application will be stopped or on hold I didn't know you had the second choice when did your wife get her x ray for teh second part have they just carried on normal ??

Carrianne
Old Feb 5th 2003, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mr Keel here.

I had my Xray 4weeks ago but they were reluctant to xray sharon till after she was 14 weeks pregnant. She's 18 weeks gone today and had an x ray this afternoon.

If we had waited till the baby was born for the xray that would be in july before the embassy would recieve a completed medical and going off the speed they seem to work we probably wouldn't get a visa till October. A 30 month wait seemed too much.

keel
Old Feb 5th 2003, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

lorrimer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hi,

Now this really interests me as I so want children but my agent said wait till I have had the medicals or they will not let you have an x ray and your application will be stopped or on hold I didn't know you had the second choice when did your wife get her x ray for teh second part have they just carried on normal ??

Carrianne
Carrianne,

Wife had the baby in Jan, had xrays (baby didn't have to have xray) and meds in Feb. PR Visas finally granted in April (four years after applying). Went to the Sunshine Coast in May to validate our visas. We're off there again this May to have our second baby. If you can avoid getting pregnant during the application you will save a lot of problems.
Regards,
Lorrimer
Old Feb 5th 2003, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

thanks very much everyone it is hard when we are both sooo broody but patience is a virtue i suppose.

Thanks

Carrianne