Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Preflight checking the broomstick!

Preflight checking the broomstick!

Old Nov 1st 2003, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
I've got so much hand luggage I shall be wearing them all when I get off the plane! If you're in Brissie airport Sunday lunchtime I'll be the idiot looking very hot and dragging 3 trolleys behind me! What idiot let me loose in an airport with a credit card......!

After that I shall be wearing them all in rotation until the rest of my clothes arrive. Along with my goooorgeous new purple witch's hat, a goodbye pressie from my mates!
Make sure you get online again soon Poll - it's all getting a bit tame now Hev and HUP have gone too!
Seriously, have a great time in Brissy - won't blame you if you're too busy with blokie to come on here for a while!!!
Larissa
Old Nov 1st 2003, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats what i like to see someone putting their time in the airport to good use. Shopping!!

Hope your bloke has enough room for all your new purchases.

footie chick
Old Nov 1st 2003, 12:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Larissa, the Bloke assures me all the bits of the computer are in the spare room ready to be assembled, so all I need to do is get an ISP organised. (Anyone know if I can connect to the UK Onetel number from Oz?!) Hope to get it sorted Monday as He has to go to work, so as long as I look get his flight sim sorted for him he won't care what I've done the rest of the day! In fact I could tell him I've been asleep with jet-lag, he'd be none the wiser, then I can get back to posting useless stuff on here!!!

Footie Chick, All He said was "Don't buy any more hats!" - I haven't, they were given to me as pressies! I just bought the cuddly Eeyore, and the tshirts and the books, and the CDs.........
Oops!!!
Old Nov 1st 2003, 12:19 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Polly, hope that witches hat has a nice wide brim to help keep the sun off. All you need is to hang corks around the edge to keep the flies away LOL.
Old Nov 1st 2003, 12:21 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs D, I must get the picture from my sister that she took at Heathrow yesterday - me in the witch's hat (with large brim) and my niece (8) and nephew (10) in their Aussie hats with corks!!! How sweet!
Old Nov 1st 2003, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes i am also a sucker for hats i have a case full of them in the loft, i go through phases of the ones i want to wear. But have been banned from cuddly toys my last one was a minature Hong Kong Phooey and Nige bought it for me but he has said no more now.

fc
Old Nov 1st 2003, 12:24 pm
Home and Happy

Yeah, hats are easier to get away with - I name them for momentous occasions! Visa Hat, Hallowe'en Hat, Milan Hen Party Hat, Children do well in singing competition Hat, amazing what you can explain away......!!!
Old Nov 1st 2003, 12:30 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Yeah, hats are easier to get away with - I name them for momentous occasions! Visa Hat, Hallowe'en Hat, Milan Hen Party Hat, Children do well in singing competition Hat, amazing what you can explain away......!!!
Hey thats what Dagboy does to justify all his shoes!

LOL just kidding
Old Nov 1st 2003, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by footie chick
Yes i am also a sucker for hats i have a case full of them in the loft, i go through phases of the ones i want to wear. But have been banned from cuddly toys my last one was a minature Hong Kong Phooey and Nige bought it for me but he has said no more now.

fc
Ahh sweet - can you scan him on? (Hong Kong Phooey I mean!)
Must buy the kids some retro vids for Crimbo - how will they cope with bananas in pyjamas etc. in Aus?