Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pre-Grant Letter received

Pre-Grant Letter received

Old Feb 20th 2005, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice
Smile Pre-Grant Letter received

Hi - we're new to this site which is a mine of info. of all sorts.

We're headed to Melbourne early May - received pre-grant letter on Friday with a condition that we have to be there 3rd week in May - this year! (Medical thing).

Hubby is a plumber, one 5 year old monster (em, angel!). House and contents, cars, plumbing stock to be sold, been debating all weekend on the pros and cons of shipping furniture and read lots of threads on this. Cheaper to sell our Ikea furniture and buy replacements when we get there going by some of the costs.

Still to book flights - a million things to do in 2 months.

Anyone going to Melbourne late April/early May?

Bye for now.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 11:02 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pre-Grant Letter received

Originally Posted by flumper
Hi - we're new to this site which is a mine of info. of all sorts.

We're headed to Melbourne early May - received pre-grant letter on Friday with a condition that we have to be there 3rd week in May - this year! (Medical thing).

Hubby is a plumber, one 5 year old monster (em, angel!). House and contents, cars, plumbing stock to be sold, been debating all weekend on the pros and cons of shipping furniture and read lots of threads on this. Cheaper to sell our Ikea furniture and buy replacements when we get there going by some of the costs.

Still to book flights - a million things to do in 2 months.

Anyone going to Melbourne late April/early May?

Bye for now.
Hi Flumper

If your furniture is in good condition then I would say bring it...we wish we had brought more of our stuff with us..........even our old leather chairs would have come in handy for the kids play room...so many extra rooms in houses here that u need a lot of furniture to fill em all

Best of Luck

Ps Singapore airlines did have a special on flying from Manchester to Oz dunno if it is still on