Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Prank Phone Call or Not!!!

Prank Phone Call or Not!!!

Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:38 pm
Thinking of returning

mattyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Prank Phone Call or Not!!!

Just had the strangest phone call ever. Had 2 telesales phone calls within about 2mins of each other so i just put the phone down on the second one. The phone rang again within 10seconds so i thought it would be another.

So i picked it up and said 'hello'. The voice at the other end said she was from the program 'A Place in The Sun' and are we still interested in buying a property in Australia, answer 'yes'. Would you be able to travel between 18th Oct to the 17Nov, answer 'yes'. She said that i would have to answer a questionaire and she would e-mail it to me (doubts setting in). So i gave her my e-mail and am now waiting for it to arrive - was told i must fill it in straight away!!!!

What do you all think???? prank or not????

Matty D
Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:39 pm
Thinking of returning

Default Re: Prank Phone Call or Not!!!

Crikey, e-mail arrived
Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:40 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

fill it in
Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:41 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mattyd
Crikey, e-mail arrived
That will be a No then !

Good luck rather you than me ...
Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68
That will be a No then !

Good luck rather you than me ...
Just remember - we will all be watching you - and worse, discussing you :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:49 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Just remember - we will all be watching you - and worse, discussing you :scared: :scared: :scared:

Wow! What sort of questions are they asking? You bank account etc??!!!
Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow!!! Can't wait to see you on TV!!!!
Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:13 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

good stuff go for it matey but find out if you get a wage out of it as i am sure they do,even if they said no i think i would still jump at the chance you lucky thing............all the best and i am sure we will all be rooting for ya
Old Sep 17th 2004, 4:32 pm
Thinking of returning

Just filled it in and sent it off!! Will let you all know the outcome?

Matty D
Old Sep 17th 2004, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

grainne is an unknown quantity at this point

got the same call today
Just had the strangest phone call ever. Had 2 telesales phone calls within about 2mins of each other so i just put the phone down on the second one. The phone rang again within 10seconds so i thought it would be another.

So i picked it up and said 'hello'. The voice at the other end said she was from the program 'A Place in The Sun' and are we still interested in buying a property in Australia, answer 'yes'. Would you be able to travel between 18th Oct to the 17Nov, answer 'yes'. She said that i would have to answer a questionaire and she would e-mail it to me (doubts setting in). So i gave her my e-mail and am now waiting for it to arrive - was told i must fill it in straight away!!!!

Matty D
Old Sep 17th 2004, 8:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I should think you'de be ok with place in the sun. That's the Amanda Lamb one isn't it. It's just the one with the silly bald man (not knocking baldies - hubby's one ) where they make you look silly to make him look good that I would stay away from.

Good luck.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 7:00 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Matty D
Mattyd Where on earth did they get your fone number from and how did they know you are moving to Oz....?

Wish someone would find me a property over there save me trolling through all the estate agent sites.
Do you already have a visa...just curious
Old Sep 18th 2004, 11:20 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey, e-mail arrived

You'll be alright with A Place in the Sun they are a really friendly team. We got down to the last two families twice but on both occasions they decided to film on the East Coast. If they are interested they will ask you to go for an interview which they will film, if sucessful they provide return airfares, accomadation and food when you are filming. Good luck, it should be fun

ACE
Old Sep 18th 2004, 11:48 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peppi
Mattyd Where on earth did they get your fone number from and how did they know you are moving to Oz....?

Wish someone would find me a property over there save me trolling through all the estate agent sites.
Do you already have a visa...just curious
Yes, I'd be interested to know this also...
Old Sep 19th 2004, 12:24 pm
Thinking of returning

Well after i sent the questonaire back to them on Friday we had another phone call from them half an hour later (shocked or what)

My wife was speaking to them this time but they said they wanted us to go for an interveiw on Tuesday . However, my wife is a teacher and cannot get days off at the drop of a hat. After explaining this they said they would let us interview later in the week and if we could make it to ring them on Monday morning.They also said that we would not be able to take our 11month old son with us, when we said that we would pay they stated that we would be on the film set for 12hours a day and that this was no pl;ace for a child. My wife and i discussed it and have come up with the following conclusion. We are not going to go!!

We thought that they would pay for all expenses but they probably will not cover loss of earnings. They said we would be filming for 7days and then the flights would add another 2 and then probably 1 to get over jet lag.This would cost us between £1500 - £2000. Considering we are actually emigrating on the 7th Jan we cannot afford to lose this sort of money, and also we would not want to be apart from our son.

So to answer a few questions, yes we already have our visa's, they are skilled independant and took us a long time to get.
There is a phone number on there web site that you can ring and leave your details on the answer machine. I did it ages ago and actually forgot all about doing it.
The questionaire was very simple, age, location going to, amount of money, reason for going, occupation etc etc

You might think that we are daft for turning this offer down but i think my reasons are worth while!!!

Cheers
Matty D and Mrs D

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.