Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In praise of PB and negative comments!

In praise of PB and negative comments!

Old Apr 14th 2003, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

pamzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In praise of PB and negative comments!

I may be alone here with my comments, but I for one welcome PB onto this forum.
Prior to discovering British Expats Website I must admit I really did wear rose tinted spectacles when it came to migrating to Australia. I think it's important to hear the good AND the bad to be able to make a sound judgement about emigrating to the other side of the world.
PB's comments, amongst many others, I take on board. I most certainly want to know as much as possible before making my move - good and bad.
We have been on holiday to Perth recently which also helped give us a clearer picture of life out there (some positive and some negative).
At the end of the day I appreciate the time people take to "inform" others of their findings and experiences which will help us determine whether or not this is a good move for us.
Old Apr 14th 2003, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

I hear what you say. All of us on this forum benefit from exposure to as much information as possible. I also agree that some of PB's comments have been very informative and useful but.......you could tell there was a but coming couldn't you.... but , PB is almost evangelical in his zeal to publicise negative information. He seems to think it is his mission in life to destroy any possibility of there being any chance that other migrants could have a happy life there.

I have read with appreciation his informed and useful comments on life in Oz. I have also read with astonishment when he sets out to destroy an individuals positive comments on life so far.

What we need is balance. Anyone who allows their bias to cloud the information they send, good or bad, do all of us a dis-service.

Come on PB, I know it is one of the few pleasures you have left in life but how about turning over a new leaf in your final few months in Oz and trying to find a more balanced point of view?

Bill
Old Apr 14th 2003, 11:08 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

He's a hot house plant and can not survive in the wide open Aus outdoors OK? Australia has unhinged him and you expect him to be centre of the road? Thank god Aus is not for every one!
Old Apr 15th 2003, 12:07 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sindy
I hear what you say. All of us on this forum benefit from exposure to as much information as possible. I also agree that some of PB's comments have been very informative and useful but.......you could tell there was a but coming couldn't you.... but , PB is almost evangelical in his zeal to publicise negative information. He seems to think it is his mission in life to destroy any possibility of there being any chance that other migrants could have a happy life there.

I have read with appreciation his informed and useful comments on life in Oz. I have also read with astonishment when he sets out to destroy an individuals positive comments on life so far.

What we need is balance. Anyone who allows their bias to cloud the information they send, good or bad, do all of us a dis-service.

Come on PB, I know it is one of the few pleasures you have left in life but how about turning over a new leaf in your final few months in Oz and trying to find a more balanced point of view?

Bill
Think on how could I destroy your or anyones life out here not possible , many enjoy living here but most of those that do had poor lifes in the UK and think a change in the weather is all they can expect in their dull lifes.
My atempt at balance is to wipe away sleep from your eyes , life is hard work where ever you choose to live theres no easy life here .
Australia has as many downsides as good not that the UK does not , but come and see the promised land make your own mind up.

Old Apr 15th 2003, 12:32 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by hunter
This would have to be the only post in 2352 that has made any sense. could it be that you are a wise old monkey after all !!
or have you had a weak moment. thanks for it anyway.

Weak never buggered right now yes , happy hour went on a bit too long last night me heads ringing .

Old Apr 15th 2003, 1:31 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Weak never buggered right now yes , happy hour went on a bit too long last night me heads ringing .

That's the sound of your dough dropping into the OB cash register. Wear ear muffs.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 2:13 am
Banned

Originally posted by Megalania
That's the sound of your dough dropping into the OB cash register. Wear ear muffs.

Drinking is not cheap here I feel middle class being able to afford such an hobby , still I do get a few for free so its a case of my investment paying off?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Apr 15th 2003 at 5:40 am.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 5:16 am
Banned

Drinking is not cheap here I feel middle class being able to afford such an hobby , still I do get get a few for free so its a case of my investment paying off?

Think I'll buy OB shares instead.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 5:42 am
Banned

Think I'll buy OB shares instead.
Good thinking the mark up on the beer is money for old rope?

Old Apr 15th 2003, 8:24 am
Banned

Good thinking the mark up on the beer is money for old rope?

Thought they must be putting something unusual in your beer.
Old Apr 16th 2003, 3:14 am
Banned

Thought they must be putting something unusual in your beer.
I did think this given the price I hope its not unhealthy like water.