Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In praise of Marcos Baghdatis!!

In praise of Marcos Baghdatis!!

Old Jan 26th 2006, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default In praise of Marcos Baghdatis!!

Who? Marcos Baghdatis - he has absolutely lit up the Australian Open. His flair, his attitude, his rapport with the crowd, his obvious delight, his special cheer squad, his fight to come back from 2 sets to 0 against arguably the second best player at the moment to Federer, his story of leaving home at 14 to go to Paris to 'become a champion'. Magic stuff and I look forward to the final when he will probably play Federer.

OzTennis
Old Jan 26th 2006, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In praise of Marcos Baghdatis!!

Some images.

OzTennis
Attached Thumbnails In praise of Marcos Baghdatis!!-marcos-baghdatis.jpg   In praise of Marcos Baghdatis!!-mb2.jpg   In praise of Marcos Baghdatis!!-mb3.jpg  
Old Jan 26th 2006, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Did he win? I watched the 2nd set this mornig when he made a good comeback from 5-1 to 5-5 but the Australia Day fireworks going on in the background must have distracted him as he lost the set just after!!

Shame Kim Clijsters retired injured, I think she's a fabulous player - very much an 'adopted' Aussie isn't she (but much better off without Hewitt!)
Old Jan 26th 2006, 7:28 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

It was a SENSATIONAL game to say the least!!

Was sat up until bloody midnight watching it...couldnt go to bed and miss the end!!

OT, everything you have said about him is spot on and I think he is going to be an awesome talent to watch over the next few years!!

Old Jan 26th 2006, 9:05 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
It was a SENSATIONAL game to say the least!!

Was sat up until bloody midnight watching it...couldnt go to bed and miss the end!!

OT, everything you have said about him is spot on and I think he is going to be an awesome talent to watch over the next few years!!

I'm gutted I haven't been able to watch it as no channel 7
Old Jan 26th 2006, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough

It's great to see the local Melbourne Greek community jumping on the bandwagon. Then again, seeing as they are not in the World Cup they need something to be proud of.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
I'm gutted I haven't been able to watch it as no channel 7

Ummm....why no Channel 7?
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:15 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Ummm....why no Channel 7?
Only got a UK tv and have foxtel so non 7 or 10.

I even plugged an ariel lead in so I could watch with no sound but for some reason can only get nine and sbs both of which I already have.

I went out to buy a cheap video so that I could watch it expecting to pay around $50 like I would in the UK but the cheapest one that I found was $110
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:28 pm
Account Closed

Only got a UK tv and have foxtel so non 7 or 10.

I even plugged an ariel lead in so I could watch with no sound but for some reason can only get nine and sbs both of which I already have.

I went out to buy a cheap video so that I could watch it expecting to pay around $50 like I would in the UK but the cheapest one that I found was $110

Surely you can get cheaper? Target do a DVD for $59, surely they do a cheaper video???
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:31 pm

Surely you can get cheaper? Target do a DVD for $59, surely they do a cheaper video???
No they don't the guy said as there's not much call for videos they don't bulk buy them any more.

I might as well just wait and buy a second TV or a DVD recorder something that I'll get use out of.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

No they don't the guy said as there's not much call for videos they don't bulk buy them any more.

I might as well just wait and buy a second TV or a DVD recorder something that I'll get use out of.
Dont worry hon - the hockey and curling championships are coming soon!
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by willmore
Dont worry hon - the hockey and curling championships are coming soon!
Not on my TV they wont, I'm not even sure if I'll get the winter olympics.