British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   PR visa's (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/pr-visas-362880/)

JenJen Mar 22nd 2006 1:31 pm

PR visa's

Hiya

I was just wondering what grounding you thought we stood on?

Hubby has been offered a job in Melbourne on a company sponsored Visa, so temporary ! Apparently this will cost the company approx $3000.
We have 3 kids and althougth we appreciate we will need to rent for a while ideally we'd like our own sooner rather than later?
Does anyone know if you can ask a company who is willing to sponsor you and your family to move over, to assist applying for a permanent residency visa???

I may have got that all back to front but some bits have me :scared:

thanks guys

jen

frogboy Mar 22nd 2006 1:36 pm

Re: PR visa's

Originally Posted by JenJen
Hiya

I was just wondering what grounding you thought we stood on?

Hubby has been offered a job in Melbourne on a company sponsored Visa, so temporary ! Apparently this will cost the company approx $3000.
We have 3 kids and althougth we appreciate we will need to rent for a while ideally we'd like our own sooner rather than later?
Does anyone know if you can ask a company who is willing to sponsor you and your family to move over, to assist applying for a permanent residency visa???

I may have got that all back to front but some bits have me :scared:

thanks guys

jen

Although this wont help you much, I just thought I would throw it!!
I have a PR visa and currently looking for employment, there is a possibility of an interview with a company and the recruitment agency said that they would look at sponsoring me if I didn't have a visa (and of course that they actually give me the job). However I was wondering if I could be cheaky and ask them for financial assistance considering they were thinking of spending A$3000 to sponsor me (I assume this is the going rate of sponsorship). Has anyone been given financial help.
Again sorry its not much use to you JenJen - quite the opposite to your situation.

cheers

JenJen Mar 22nd 2006 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by frogboy
Although this wont help you much, I just thought I would throw it!!
I have a PR visa and currently looking for employment, there is a possibility of an interview with a company and the recruitment agency said that they would look at sponsoring me if I didn't have a visa (and of course that they actually give me the job). However I was wondering if I could be cheaky and ask them for financial assistance considering they were thinking of spending A$3000 to sponsor me (I assume this is the going rate of sponsorship). Has anyone been given financial help.
Again sorry its not much use to you JenJen - quite the opposite to your situation.

cheers

Ok thanks hun

lets hope any info fits in and helps with the bigger picture?

Jen

Mrs JFW Mar 22nd 2006 2:12 pm

Hello there,

You might get a better response if you post your questions on the immigration forum.....lots of experts on there! :D

Good luck to you both!

jackie x