Reload this Page >

PR Staus (Skilled Immigration)

PR Staus (Skilled Immigration)

Old May 24th 2003, 10:19 am
Just Joined

andi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Staus (Skilled Immigration)

Hi

I have recently got skilled migration os Australia.

They have asked me to be there before August 1st Week.

My Question is : I am doing a professional course here and if I go I have to give a break in that, which I can Give( As I can complete the course within 5 years), now what is the minimum Time I have to Spend in Australia so that By application does not become invalid.

I have heard of a condition that I have to be there for 2 Years.

- Does that mean we are not allowed to leave the country for 2 years even on a short Vacation or else the effective date of the permanent move is consider void?

Please help.

Thanks in Advance
Old May 24th 2003, 11:08 am
Badge

Default Re: PR Staus (Skilled Immigration)

Originally posted by andi
Hi

My Question is : I am doing a professional course here and if I go I have to give a break in that, which I can Give( As I can complete the course within 5 years), now what is the minimum Time I have to Spend in Australia so that By application does not become invalid.

I have heard of a condition that I have to be there for 2 Years.

- Does that mean we are not allowed to leave the country for 2 years even on a short Vacation or else the effective date of the permanent move is consider void?

Please help.

Thanks in Advance

you will need a return resident visa after 5 years of which there are 2 types. to get one you need to have spent x time in Australia to show commitment.

I think it might be 2 years cumulative - 730 *days* they literally count days AFAIK to get the better one - the other is more temporary - allows you to leave for a short time

To get citizenship which saves all this bother you also need to 2 years - but you need i think to have resided in aus the last 12 months.

so you can spend 6 months of the first 4 years in england and still i think get a RRV - or spend the last year - the fifth year in aus and then get a passport....

errors and omissions etv

badgers

Last edited by badgersmount; May 24th 2003 at 4:30 pm.

Old May 24th 2003, 11:16 am

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR Staus (Skilled Immigration)

Hi

If you're talking of your initial date of entry then you only have to enter the country and get the passport stamped. You can jump on a plane as soon as you've done that. After that time you then have a 5 year multiple-entry visa, which can be renewed if you spend at least 2 years down there. If you've already got the visa stamped (5 years ago), then yes you have to be there for 2 years to get another resident's return visa.
Old May 24th 2003, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

andi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Status

Thanks bored_bean & badgersmount for the answer.

I will be getting my visa by June '03, and by August '03 I have to leave my country.

With your answer one thing I am sure that I have to go there get my Passport stamped and can come Back, and then after 1 year again go there and spend continous two years there.

Is there any site where I can be 100% sure about it.

Thanks In Advance.
Old May 24th 2003, 5:07 pm
Badge

Default Re: PR Status

Thanks bored_bean & badgersmount for the answer.

I will be getting my visa by June '03, and by August '03 I have to leave my country.

With your answer one thing I am sure that I have to go there get my Passport stamped and can come Back, and then after 1 year again go there and spend continous two years there.

Is there any site where I can be 100% sure about it.

Thanks In Advance.

http://australianz.topcities.com/austfaq.htm
- brillant site

badgers