Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PR should be stopped!

View Poll Results: Should PR be stopped?
Yes
12.28%
No
87.72%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

PR should be stopped!

Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:37 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR should be stopped!

G'day Gripmaster.

When one is pissed off, one does not always express oneself in a manner sufficiently eloquent to others.

You can look at that in two ways.

The author can say fook em, or perhaps he may wish he had stated his views in a different way.

I don't mind either way as you are showing a passion in your words but I would have preferred to have seen them in your opening post.

As to the topic you raise, yes, I believe there is something in what you say albeit it works both ways.

I believe the Australian government have actually started to address some of the things you touch on:

1) reduction in required skills lists.

2) local education not automatically leading to PR.

If you can accept true refugees have a place then the one area I feel is open to the largest abuse is family sponsorships and I have seen no evidence it is under review.

Australia needs certain skills and grants PR visas for the import of those skills. However, there is a double-sided coin that I find very strange:

1) The hoop jumping done by so many to obtain a skills visa is oft for nought as they hit a brick wall of local licensing laws upon arrival. No-one would advocate for a person to be let loose immediately but there is one host of streamlining that could be put into place to allow a smooth transition.

2) The person is not compelled to use that skill and can decide to work in a totally different field.

Both cases can lead to a failure in filling the particular skill shortage for which the visa was granted.

Finally I would just add that I feel all rules and regulations are potentially exploitable in all areas of life. Continual vigilance and review is all that can be done in the hope of taking the lead over what are effectively fraudsters.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

the_gripmaster will become famous soon enoughthe_gripmaster will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dorothy
So how about we take away the PR of anyone who arrived within the last 2 years? That would solve some of the problems.
How about we resurrect the mothers of all the people who contributed in discovering this aboriginal land and kill them? That way the aborigines would not have been deprived of their land.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:49 am
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

i am on the side of it being stopped.

they just aint nice,but if your a bit of a falanderor like i once was,and yes i will hold my hands up i was...

they should be banned...

my chinese neighbor was kind enough to tell me what P.r means..and for any simpletons out there,,,,it means..

pubic rice.....
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

the_gripmaster will become famous soon enoughthe_gripmaster will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bix
G'day Gripmaster.

When one is pissed off, one does not always express oneself in a manner sufficiently eloquent to others.

You can look at that in two ways.

The author can say fook em, or perhaps he may wish he had stated his views in a different way.

I don't mind either way as you are showing a passion in your words but I would have preferred to have seen them in your opening post.

As to the topic you raise, yes, I believe there is something in what you say albeit it works both ways.

I believe the Australian government have actually started to address some of the things you touch on:

1) reduction in required skills lists.

2) local education not automatically leading to PR.

If you can accept true refugees have a place then the one area I feel is open to the largest abuse is family sponsorships and I have seen no evidence it is under review.

Australia needs certain skills and grants PR visas for the import of those skills. However, there is a double-sided coin that I find very strange:

1) The hoop jumping done by so many to obtain a skills visa is oft for nought as they hit a brick wall of local licensing laws upon arrival. No-one would advocate for a person to be let loose immediately but there is one host of streamlining that could be put into place to allow a smooth transition.

2) The person is not compelled to use that skill and can decide to work in a totally different field.

Both cases can lead to a failure in filling the particular skill shortage for which the visa was granted.

Finally I would just add that I feel all rules and regulations are potentially exploitable in all areas of life. Continual vigilance and review is all that can be done in the hope of taking the lead over what are effectively fraudsters.
Thanks for you insightful approach in answering the thread title.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:08 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brummy
i am on the side of it being stopped.

they just aint nice,but if your a bit of a falanderor like i once was,and yes i will hold my hands up i was...

they should be banned...

my chinese neighbor was kind enough to tell me what P.r means..and for any simpletons out there,,,,it means..

pubic rice.....
huh????
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:11 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by the_gripmaster
How about we resurrect the mothers of all the people who contributed in discovering this aboriginal land and kill them? That way the aborigines would not have been deprived of their land.
But then the French or Spanish would have taken this country instead.

Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:13 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
And the Spanish had a good track record when it came to native inhabitants!
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:34 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the_gripmaster
Wow! People googling my handle. I am in the limelight now!
Having Australian parentage I couldn't honestly give two shits either way about the whole PR thing, but I just wanted to thank you for using the phrase 'my handle', as I instantly got a feel for the sort of bloke you are. Breaker breaker 10 4 good buddy.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Drell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hutch
Having Australian parentage I couldn't honestly give two shits either way about the whole PR thing, but I just wanted to thank you for using the phrase 'my handle', as I instantly got a feel for the sort of bloke you are. Breaker breaker 10 4 good buddy.

Old Sep 13th 2010, 12:04 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
That's not what you'd call a very convincing defence of genocide.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Hutch
watch out he has got two smokies on his tail
Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Don_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really nice

A poll should be usefull or funny this is neither.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 4:25 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elaine42
PR - in medical terms is per rectum!
You beat me to it!

I think many people would be upset if they could no longer get it PR (per rectum ).
Old Sep 14th 2010, 1:34 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Don_Angel
Short and sweet!
Old Sep 14th 2010, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Don_Angel
Congrats on getting English 101 scholarship

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.