Reload this Page >

PR Application - Student, Skilled Migration

PR Application - Student, Skilled Migration

Old Oct 11th 2004, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Teacher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Application - Student, Skilled Migration

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about my PR application...

First, do I still need to get a "Skills Assessment" done even though I've graduated from an Australian university?

Second, should I apply as an "on-shore" (I still have a valid student visa but have recently graduated) or off-shore applicant since I am no longer in Australia?

Also, I graduated with a master degree in Applied Linguistics and am an English teacher - could I nominate myself as a:

1. "Teacher - vocational education teacher (non-trades)" or

2. "Social Professional (not elswhere classified)"

Thks for any info.

T
Old Oct 11th 2004, 9:30 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Application - Student, Skilled Migration

Originally Posted by Teacher
Hi,

I have a couple of questions about my PR application...

First, do I still need to get a "Skills Assessment" done even though I've graduated from an Australian university?

Second, should I apply as an "on-shore" (I still have a valid student visa but have recently graduated) or off-shore applicant since I am no longer in Australia?

Also, I graduated with a master degree in Applied Linguistics and am an English teacher - could I nominate myself as a:

1. "Teacher - vocational education teacher (non-trades)" or

2. "Social Professional (not elswhere classified)"

Thks for any info.

T

I think if you are serious about getting PR you need to hire an experienced agent immediately. Your window of opportunity to apply using a work experience waiver is 6 months from course completion (not formal graduation) and you've no time to waste.

From the questions you're asking you have some fundamental understanding gaps about how the system works.

- Of course you need a skills assessment
- Do you meet the pass mark of 120 for offshore skilled independent?
- Onshore skilled independent still has a 115 pass mark but you need to be in Australia to apply (and usually stay there for processing) and meet some other very specific requirements to lodge a valid application?
- Is the SIR visa an option? Or would it be possible to get state nominated for permanent migration through STNI/Skill Matching?
- Is employer nomination through ENS/RSMS an option?
- Have you any Australian relatives who can sponsor?

That's just a selection of the issues you need to get a thorough grip on in the very near future.

Jeremy
Old Oct 12th 2004, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Teacher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR Application - Student, Skilled Migration

thanks

i spoke to an agent in Brisbane and he told me to go and fill the forms out myself and that being a graduate from a local school would be in my favour.

he also told me what they charged

maybe i'll call again

thanks.