Pr

Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

PaulaJ will become famous soon enoughPaulaJ will become famous soon enough
Default Pr

I'm a bit confused. When I apply for my spouse visa I will have been married to my Aussie husband for five years, so presumably I will not have conditions on my residence and will not have to reapply to have conditions lifted after two years, is that correct? Okay so does the same apply for my children and their visas? In other words say my oldest child decides to validate but then not live in OZ for quite some time. Will she ever have to reapply?

Thanks,
Paula
Old Jul 19th 2004, 10:35 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pr

Originally posted by PaulaJ
I'm a bit confused. When I apply for my spouse visa I will have been married to my Aussie husband for five years, so presumably I will not have conditions on my residence and will not have to reapply to have conditions lifted after two years, is that correct? Okay so does the same apply for my children and their visas? In other words say my oldest child decides to validate but then not live in OZ for quite some time. Will she ever have to reapply?

Thanks,
Paula
Generally speaking you should get PR not temporary. You will still need to validate within a year and be out there permanently within 5. If your children are not his children I don't know how that works. How old are they?

You should get more sense if you post on the immigration forum, Jeremy et al are on there a lot and will be able to answer.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

PaulaJ will become famous soon enoughPaulaJ will become famous soon enough

Thanks Moneypen I realized the immigration forum was the better choice for this question and posted there. The children are 17, 15, 13 and 8, and correct, they are not his.

Paula
Old Jul 19th 2004, 11:52 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Now answered on the immigration forum.

Jeremy

Originally posted by PaulaJ
Thanks Moneypen I realized the immigration forum was the better choice for this question and posted there. The children are 17, 15, 13 and 8, and correct, they are not his.

Paula