Pqbs

Old Sep 7th 2002, 4:01 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 7
bradleyjaysmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Pqbs

Hi there all,

I've been offered a job in Sydney. The company has suggested obtaining a 4 year Visa for me and my (defacto) girlfriend through agencies with Pre Qualified Buisiness Sponsorship status.

Can anyone recommend any PQBS agencies?

Im in the UK, will we be able to obtain this visa from the UK?

Cheers for any help

Brad
(confused!)
bradleyjaysmith is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2002, 1:13 am
  #2  
Migration Agent
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Posts: 6,405
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pqbs

Hi there Brad.

Here are 3 such agencies (though no endorsements from me as to how good they are):

http://www.freespirit.com.au/
http://www.lester.com.au/
http://www.pendragon.net.au/

However, I'm not clear on how going through a company that has PQBS status squares with the job offer from the company in Sydney - why can't they offer you an employer sponsorship??

Best regards.



Originally posted by bradleyjaysmith:
Hi there all,

I've been offered a job in Sydney. The company has suggested obtaining a 4 year Visa for me and my (defacto) girlfriend through agencies with Pre Qualified Buisiness Sponsorship status.

Can anyone recommend any PQBS agencies?

Im in the UK, will we be able to obtain this visa from the UK?

Cheers for any help

Brad
(confused!)
Alan Collett is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2002, 1:48 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 7
bradleyjaysmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Pqbs

Thanks Alan,

I'll check them out and let you know how i get on.

Actually ive been in touch with Freespirit, and they have told me they can only issue this visa "onshore"?! Is this the same for all the Agencies? If so......how does anyone get a PQSB visa from abroad...without breaking the law?!

To be honest, im not sure, why the company has suggested sponsorship through themselves! Something i have to take up with them. Maybe they just dont know, or cant be bothered with paper work! Not sure.

Thanks for you help.

Brad

Originally posted by Alan Collett:
Hi there Brad.

Here are 3 such agencies (though no endorsements from me as to how good they are):

http://www.freespirit.com.au/
http://www.lester.com.au/
http://www.pendragon.net.au/

However, I'm not clear on how going through a company that has PQBS status squares with the job offer from the company in Sydney - why can't they offer you an employer sponsorship??

Best regards.


bradleyjaysmith is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2002, 4:14 pm
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
ywoods's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: London
Posts: 603
ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pqbs

'Apparently' the company has to pay for the visa, so it might be an idea to see if they will sponsor you and for you to foot the bill???

Just an idea....

Yvonne

6 days til we leave, 8 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Originally posted by bradleyjaysmith:
Thanks Alan,

I'll check them out and let you know how i get on.

Actually ive been in touch with Freespirit, and they have told me they can only issue this visa "onshore"?! Is this the same for all the Agencies? If so......how does anyone get a PQSB visa from abroad...without breaking the law?!

To be honest, im not sure, why the company has suggested sponsorship through themselves! Something i have to take up with them. Maybe they just dont know, or cant be bothered with paper work! Not sure.

Thanks for you help.

Brad
ywoods is offline  
Old Sep 9th 2002, 12:30 pm
  #5  
George Lombard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Pqbs

Hi Bradley,

With the PQBS sponsor, the trick is to come to Australia on a business eta (see
www.eta.immi.gov.au) and then allow the PQBS
to sponsor you for a 457. Unfortunately you pay a fair whack to the PQBS for this
privilege, but at least you will get your LAFHA, which you may not receive from a
normal SBS sponsor.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

George Lombard


--
www.austimmigration.com.au
"bradleyjaysmith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks Alan,
    > I'll check them out and let you know how i get on.
    > Actually ive been in touch with Freespirit, and they have told me they can only
    > issue this visa "onshore"?! Is this the same for all the Agencies? If so......how
    > does anyone get a PQSB visa from abroad...without breaking the law?!
    > To be honest, im not sure, why the company has suggested sponsorship through
    > themselves! Something i have to take up with them. Maybe they just dont know, or
    > cant be bothered with paper work! Not sure.
    > Thanks for you help.
    > Brad
    > Originally posted by Alan Collett:
    > > Hi there Brad.
    > >
    > > Here are 3 such agencies (though no endorsements from me as to how good
    > > they are):
    > >
    > > http://www.freespirit.com.au/
    > > http://www.lester.com.au/
    > > http://www.pendragon.net.au/
    > >
    > > However, I'm not clear on how going through a company that has PQBS status
    > > squares with the job offer from the company in Sydney - why can't they offer you
    > > an employer sponsorship??
    > >
    > > Best regards.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
 
Old Sep 9th 2002, 3:34 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 7
bradleyjaysmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pqbs

Thanks all for the advice,

Im busy talking to several Agencies to see what they offer.

Brad
Originally posted by George Lombard:
Hi Bradley,

With the PQBS sponsor, the trick is to come to Australia on a business eta (see
www.eta.immi.gov.au) and then allow the PQBS
to sponsor you for a 457. Unfortunately you pay a fair whack to the PQBS for this
privilege, but at least you will get your LAFHA, which you may not receive from a
normal SBS sponsor.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

George Lombard


--
www.austimmigration.com.au
"bradleyjaysmith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks Alan,
    > I'll check them out and let you know how i get on.
    > Actually ive been in touch with Freespirit, and they have told me they can only
    > issue this visa "onshore"?! Is this the same for all the Agencies? If so......how
    > does anyone get a PQSB visa from abroad...without breaking the law?!
    > To be honest, im not sure, why the company has suggested sponsorship through
    > themselves! Something i have to take up with them. Maybe they just dont know, or
    > cant be bothered with paper work! Not sure.
    > Thanks for you help.
    > Brad
    > Originally posted by Alan Collett:
    > > Hi there Brad.
    > >
    > > Here are 3 such agencies (though no endorsements from me as to how good
    > > they are):
    > >
    > > http://www.freespirit.com.au/
    > > http://www.lester.com.au/
    > > http://www.pendragon.net.au/
    > >
    > > However, I'm not clear on how going through a company that has PQBS status
    > > squares with the job offer from the company in Sydney - why can't they offer you
    > > an employer sponsorship??
    > >
    > > Best regards.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
bradleyjaysmith is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.