Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PPI Claim after leaving UK

PPI Claim after leaving UK

Old Aug 3rd 2012, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Default PPI Claim after leaving UK

Hi... just wondering if anyone has tried persuing a PPI claim after leaving the UK? I am admittedly a bit slow off the mark with this, but I figure I may qualify for a refund on two credit cards. Both expired some time ago. Even if I begin a claim now, nothing will be finalised until after I leave for Oz (4th Sept).

Anyone done this? Good/bad/mixed results?

Cheers
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of
Default Re: PPI Claim after leaving UK

I'm in the process of doing this. I've just applied for the date protection subject access checks from both my previous mortgages. Its not easy though. First one said that i'd never had a mortgage with them and second refused to send the documents to Oz. When I said ok then, send to my mums they claimed they no longer have any information. I've decided to pass it on to my UK solicitor and let them deal with it.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PPI Claim after leaving UK

I'd advise you to use your parents / a friends address. Just make sure all letter come from them and they can open the letters when they come and you can email the responses to print and send.

Doing it via post from Oz would take forever (I think any letter is taking about 3 weeks to get to the UK these days regardless of how much you pay).