Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Power cuts - such fun

Power cuts - such fun

Old Jul 31st 2003, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all
Default Power cuts - such fun

Got home last night after going to the video shop (cheapo night $1.95 per rental) kids had 1 each and were hyper. NO BLOODY LECCY!! Thats about the 4th power cut we've had in 6 months.
Anyway out came the candles, kids whinging like people on this site, spilt my red wine everywhere in the dark! BUT I actually sat down and talked to my husband............wow, maybe we should have them more often.

Youngest fell asleep before the power came back on but woke up at 5.30am this morning and first question was "are the lights back on" so yup we were watching Power Rangers in the wee small hours.

Dont forget your candles.

Old Jul 31st 2003, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Power cuts - such fun

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Got home last night after going to the video shop (cheapo night $1.95 per rental) kids had 1 each and were hyper. NO BLOODY LECCY!! Thats about the 4th power cut we've had in 6 months.
Anyway out came the candles, kids whinging like people on this site, spilt my red wine everywhere in the dark! BUT I actually sat down and talked to my husband............wow, maybe we should have them more often.

Youngest fell asleep before the power came back on but woke up at 5.30am this morning and first question was "are the lights back on" so yup we were watching Power Rangers in the wee small hours.

This is:

1. Negative
2. Humorous
3. Does not mention our sponsor.

Please remove.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Originally posted by Wilf
This is:

1. Negative
2. Humorous

Please remove.

Ok Ok - 10 Hail Marys & 100 Our Fathers as pennance??
:scared:
Old Jul 31st 2003, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok Ok - 10 Hail Marys & 100 Our Fathers as pennance??
:scared:
I needed a part-time job in retirement and there was one going here, even if it did mean going over to the other side.

Go Wilfilda Security Services
Old Jul 31st 2003, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

[Go Wilfilda Security Services [/QUOTE]

Dear Wilfilda Security Services
I am afraid you are sacked because you did not analyse the above post correctly. It indeed was providing a valuable piece of information - "Wednesday night is cheapo night at Mindarie Videoezy".

Old Jul 31st 2003, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

[Go Wilfilda Security Services
Dear Wilfilda Security Services
I am afraid you are sacked because you did not analyse the above post correctly. It indeed was providing a valuable piece of information - "Wednesday night is cheapo night at Mindarie Videoezy".

[/QUOTE]

You see what I mean about the jobs situation in Oz nowadays? You cannot even hold onto one for a day.

To keep on track, I will make a contribution:

We too have suffered numerous power cuts over the years (though never when we had just got a video out). Apart from your recommendation of a stock of candles, we keep several bottles of water stashed away just in case too because we have had long interruptions to water supplies here in the past when someone has had to make repairs, etc., and I would also recommend that people do that.

Some people say Oz is stuck in the past. They are totally wrong. I say that living in Oz is like living in the far future - a post nuclear war future.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 1:10 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Wilf
This is:

1. Negative
2. Humorous

Please remove.
1)A positive post: - I like power cuts
2)Negative comment - I haven't had one for ages, although QLD is supposed to be the worst in Aus for this
3)Positive - Perth should get less power cuts than QLD
4)Positive: I like sponsors
5)Negative: : I hate being positive about negatives - see
6) negative - I'm a bad liar see post 4
7) positive - it's good to be negative sometimes see 6 relating to 4
8)positive - I'll shut up
9) Negative - I've got a pile of work to do
10) positive and negative (I'm getting confused between my positives and negatives now - lol)

cheers - (positive icon)
Old Jul 31st 2003, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Ceri
1)A positive post: - I like power cuts
2)Negative comment - I haven't had one for ages, although QLD is supposed to be the worst in Aus for this
3)Positive - Perth should get less power cuts than QLD
4)Positive: I like sponsors
5)Negative: : I hate being positive about negatives - see
6) negative - I'm a bad liar see post 4
7) positive - it's good to be negative sometimes see 6 relating to 4
8)positive - I'll shut up
9) Negative - I've got a pile of work to do
10) positive and negative (I'm getting confused between my positives and negatives now - lol)

cheers - (positive icon)

A model post. If only more people were like this - relevant, easy to understand, positive, negative, informative, sponsor friendly - then we would not have so many problems with posts like Pommie's golf one today where he has had a go at some poor bloke with a full answer to his question.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 1:27 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

WA is the power cut Capital of Australia because them overhead cables , the power company has more bull than British rail .
The best one I have heard is a swan attacked the lines and got killed or dust build up is very common , one guy I know had his roof yanked off by the prats who tightened up his cable .
Never mind get used to it the next few weeks could be very powerless?

WESTERN Power has revealed the extent of the crisis facing WA's electricity supply with a plea for everyone to reduce power use over the next fortnight in a bid to avoid rolling blackouts.

The request came as another of Western Power's key generators suffered major problems, raising further doubts about whether blackouts can be averted once the utility has the bulk of its gas supply cut this weekend.

Western Power has warned of rolling blackouts when a two-week maintenance shutdown on the Dampier-to-Bunbury gas pipeline, which starts on Sunday, leaves it almost totally dependent on its coal-fired power stations.

Old Jul 31st 2003, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Never mind Di soon the kids will be home due to the teachers strike. They are not gonna get 25% pay rise so thats gonna drag on for a while too.

Just think kids home, no power, summers coming A/c wont work, no TV, no puter, shall I send a wine parcel??
Old Jul 31st 2003, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough

Is that a nationwide teacher's strike? Not heard much about it over in Perth
Old Jul 31st 2003, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

6 of them ought to see me through.

Didn't know about the teachers strike. I live in cartoon land so never see the news.

Old Jul 31st 2003, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Tut Tut Diane, incomplete info Video EEzy at Mindarie also has cheap night on Tuesday!

Western Power have said that due to use of only coal fired power station for next week or so we may well have lots more power cuts. So, expect a run on torches & candles in the shops.
Just hope they avoid them at meal times, kids had to have baked beans & bread last night! Will do a great deal for take away businesses in suburbs neighbouring those affected by power cuts.
Must go and buy a barbecue!

The kids actually got board games out and played those instead of watching Home & Away etc. So, some positive aspects!!

Loopy
Old Jul 31st 2003, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Swap kids - mine just winge.

Old Jul 31st 2003, 3:20 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

NO BLOODY LECCY!!

hey maybe I'am lucky then as we haven't had one powercut yet!! Now I'am living in "the dog Box" though I will expect the expected!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.