Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is the pound bouncing back?

Is the pound bouncing back?

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 7:16 am
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is the pound bouncing back?

See the pound gained 3 cents on the dollar last night !

$2.44 at the moment , no dought oz holding dowwn rates yesterday helped.

Well people , who's got the nerve to hold on and who's going to cash in before next month?

money.....all just a gamble!

all the best plum
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 7:18 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

yipee, we've just cashed in a crappy endowment!!
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

AnalOwl is just really niceAnalOwl is just really niceAnalOwl is just really niceAnalOwl is just really niceAnalOwl is just really niceAnalOwl is just really niceAnalOwl is just really niceAnalOwl is just really nice

Yes! Come on you Sterling! We wanna see $3.00 by the end of March!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

We should be so lucky - i bet when we go to exchange ours it will drop to an all time low!
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 7:59 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Stop it Plumber, you,re gonna drive yourself nuts if you keep comparing the rates, you,ve made your move and changed up the dosh dont worry if it gains or loses now.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

This same thread comes up every month. The first wednesday of each month is the Reserve Bank decision on interest rates. Hence the fluctuations each month according to their decision.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
This same thread comes up every month. The first wednesday of each month is the Reserve Bank decision on interest rates. Hence the fluctuations each month according to their decision.
And the RB was expected by fx markets to put I/R's up by 25 points (1/4%) on the first Wednesday of April rather than March. I personally suspect the £'s gain against the $ could only be temporary and was down to RB rates not being changed and that the high $2.30's will re-emerge in a week or so. Into the melting pot though will come the Bank of England with its decision on UK I/R's, the Euro, the US$ and the Yen etc so who knows!

OzTennis
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:52 am
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

$2.455 and rising fast!

better make your move dotty , before you lose too much!

all the best plum
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by plumber
$2.455 and rising fast!

better make your move dotty , before you lose too much!

all the best plum

Dont play guessing games, half's already in UK. We use whats winning at the time
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point

Dam i knew i should of opened that bank account early... 2.45.. is fantastic... I hope it dont take long to get an account set-up with HSBC,, Im sending the $2000 and forms today, lets hope it stays around this mark , because i would be happy to exchange at this price.....

fingures crossed...