POsting Photos

Old Aug 17th 2004, 10:01 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default POsting Photos

Whenever I try and post a photo it says 'sorry this image type 6 is not supported yet??? What the flippen eck does that mean?

Lucy
Old Aug 17th 2004, 1:06 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: POsting Photos

Originally Posted by lucyb
Whenever I try and post a photo it says 'sorry this image type 6 is not supported yet??? What the flippen eck does that mean?

Lucy

hmmm, what is the ending of the photo??

If it's .jpg or .bmp it should be alright, I think, anything else, I haven't got a clue.
Old Aug 17th 2004, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb

Lucy
Hi Lucy,

According to my 2 sons, PC wiz kids, it means - you need to change it into a different format - what format is it in now?

Nathan my 16 yr old says:-
Basically you need to open the picture and go file --> save as then at the bottom of the saving window, there is a drop down list, click on the arrow to open the drop down list, then select Jpeg/Jpg from the list given, then save under name you would like. It should then upload correctly.
If you already knew how to do that, well the message means that the format of image you are trying to upload will not work on the forum basically the forum cannot process the data form.

Hope that makes sense to you
Old Aug 17th 2004, 2:02 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Bix and Simone,

It still doesnt work...must be me?
Old Aug 17th 2004, 3:45 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lucy
I have that problem too.

Simone,
Its .jpg's Im trying to upload any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong

tx
Mairi
Old Aug 17th 2004, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mairi&Chris
Hi Lucy
I have that problem too.

Simone,
Its .jpg's Im trying to upload any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong

tx
Mairi

Well thats me well and truly confused.
Think that the best way for me to ever POST photos on here, is to photocopy and stick in an enevelope and POST it to you all

Whisky
Old Aug 17th 2004, 6:52 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you lot are trying to upload the XXX photos.

They need to be sent to Mr Siren
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:31 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siren
Maybe you lot are trying to upload the XXX photos.

They need to be sent to Mr Siren
Siren / Lucy, perhaps they are XXX photos and that is why they are not getting onto the site

Seriously they should be OK if they are in .jpeg or bitmap format.

Keep trying and good luck !

7 days until we go to Brisbane :scared:
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

Qui~Gon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi are u trying to post pic's using the img button or attaching it?
will try to help u if I can.

Attached Thumbnails POsting Photos-old_van.jpg  
Old Aug 18th 2004, 1:47 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ummmm, I don't know.......

Yeah, don't use that button on the top of the post screen, scroll down and go to 'Attach files' (manage attachements)
But I have a feeling you're doing that anyway...??

Maybe the photo is to big?

Make sure you don't have any other smilies or such in the post(to do with that limit of images, but I think that's only when you link to a photo...)

I don't know, sorry!!!!
Old Aug 18th 2004, 1:51 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Enclose the URL of the picture in [img] tags...like so:

Old Aug 18th 2004, 1:56 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Yeah, but then you do need to have them on webspace first.

For people who would like to have free webspace, try www.photobucket.com
It's good.
Then you only have to copy the bottom(img) code into you post, and that's that!
Old Aug 18th 2004, 2:38 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Let me just clarify....

That was MISTER Siren posting up there and you don't have to bother sending him any XXX pics because he won't be able to see them through the two black eyes he'll be sporting for posting comments like that.

The REAL Siren