Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Posting application to AU

Posting application to AU

Old Mar 5th 2004, 5:28 am
DarrenD

Default Posting application to AU

Ive seen a few posts on sending to Oz, cheque vs c card, photos etc. Ive just sent in my application to DIMIA, and I thought I'd post my experiences.

I work in IT, so applied to the ACS for skill in demand (SAP). When it came back (last april), they hadnt considered anything in my last 18 months. I had to threaten legal action to get them to consider it and issue a new summary. They did this last november (just before IT was taken off the MODL....)

Once I had all the paperwork, I thought 'How to I send this in'. Royal Mail has an Internalional Signed For service, and say its tracked and traced. Unfortunately, they dont say its tracked and traced only as far as Heathrow !

After this point they forget about it.

I posted an application on 12 Jan, and wish I'd couriered it. In the end I emailed AusPost, and they were fantastic and confirmed within 2 days it had been delivered, the following monday from posting it.

The cheque seemed to work well, it was receipted the day after they received the application, and the recipt was included in the acknowledgement letter.

My next surprise was sone one sent back the passport photos I submitted saying it had been sent to them with their docs by mistake. It was nice to see someone send them on - Ive had photos delivered to a neighbour by mistake and they wanted £5 to give them back!

My wife has dual citizenship & UK passport now, so I need to write to them anyway...... so here goes.