Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Post from brisbane

Post from brisbane

Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:24 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Post from brisbane

Hi All

Just to post my experiences about brisbane so that it can help others.

We stayed over in singapore it was great way to start. The airlines was perfect with the food and other stuff. No problems at all

We bought a mobile in singapore.

When we landed Malcom came over to pick us up. It felt home and was a great feeling to have friend like them . Thanks to you guys.

We stayed in a backpackers place for the initial days close to the city so that we can organize the stuff.

Getting the TFN and medicare was quite easy. TFN go the tax office fill in the details and you are set. If you don't have residence address you can give the postal office address. The details will not be in medicare for two weeks so don't do it immediately its no use. When you have them its quick just pop in fill the form and you are set.

Looking for the house was a different story.
- Open an bank account. Get all the information as bank charge for everything we took anz access advantage paying 5$ month you can do everything and you can open in online.

once you have that go on the net and find houses.before making appointment with the agents look around the neighbour hood and then make the appointment. Its not difficult to get house but its difficult to find where to stay.
Remember if you are shipping your stuff you will be buying a lot in the first few days. Its hectic as you don't have anything even a kettle to boil water and you don't want to spend a lot . Go to Target and Kmart they have good stuff for beginners.

We have a beautiful house in Ferny hills 4 bedrooms with lots of wild life it was just as we expected and we are really happy.

In the super market you get almost everything so don't worry about those either.

Another great news I got a job in Brisbane. So all in all we are quite happy and very realisitic.

Everyday when I wake up to the sound of birds on the porch I feel yes we made the right choice and the pain of waiting was worth.

If anyone needs info let me know

Till the next message
Badri
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:29 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post from brisbane

Thanks for the info, Badri.
Glad you're settling in ok.
Julie
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by badri
Hi All

We stayed over in singapore it was great way to start. The airlines was perfect with the food and other stuff. No problems at all

When we landed Malcom came over to pick us up. It felt home and was a great feeling to have friend like them . Thanks to you guys.

We stayed in a backpackers place for the initial days close to the city so that we can organize the stuff.

Getting the TFN and medicare was quite easy. TFN go the tax office fill in the details and you are set. If you don't have residence address you can give the postal office address. The details will not be in medicare for two weeks so don't do it immediately its no use. When you have them its quick just pop in fill the form and you are set.

- Open an bank account. Get all the information as bank charge for everything we took anz access advantage paying 5$ month you can do everything and you can open in online.

once you have that go on the net and find houses.before making appointment with the agents look around the neighbour hood and then make the appointment. Its not difficult to get house but its difficult to find where to stay.
Remember if you are shipping your stuff you will be buying a lot in the first few days. Its hectic as you don't have anything even a kettle to boil water and you don't want to spend a lot . Go to Target and Kmart they have good stuff for beginners.

We have a beautiful house in Ferny hills 4 bedrooms with lots of wild life it was just as we expected and we are really happy.

In the super market you get almost everything so don't worry about those either.

Another great news I got a job in Brisbane. So all in all we are quite happy and very realisitic.

Everyday when I wake up to the sound of birds on the porch I feel yes we made the right choice and the pain of waiting was worth.

Till the next message
Badri
Sounds fantastic, glad you are enjoying it so far Badri . Keep us regularly posted won't you?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:35 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Till the next message
Badri
It's all good Badri! Glad to hear things are working out as you hoped.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:47 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Badri
It's good to see you back on BE...
And it's GREAT to read that your new life in Brisbane is all you dreamed it would be.

All the best,
RT.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:52 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Till the next message
Badri
Hi Badri

We are coming out to Brissie @ the end of October.
The housing situation is the one thing that is worrying me. My wife Debs has a job offer from Greenslopes Hospital so obviously we would like to be in easy commuting distance. Which raises a couple of questions:
1. What is the public transport system like ??
2. If you don't mind me asking are you renting your property or have you bought ?? If you're renting. How much do you pay ??

Hope you don't mind so many questions
Regards
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:56 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
1. What is the public transport system like ??
In my (albeit limited) experience of the Brisbane public transport system, it is excellent. When we were there, it was always on time, clean and cheap. What more could you want?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:59 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a good start B.

Bet getting the job takes a weight off the shoulders eh ?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:00 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
In my (albeit limited) experience of the Brisbane public transport system, it is excellent. When we were there, it was always on time, clean and cheap. What more could you want?
Shall I start ?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:03 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Bix
Shall I start ?
I take it your experience was different to mine then?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:05 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

You mean you are forgetting the good 'ol BR curly,dried up and if you are really lucky stale sandwiches????
Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:08 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by wargod
You mean you are forgetting the good 'ol BR curly,dried up and if you are really lucky stale sandwiches????
Thankfully I've never travelled enough on BR to have experienced this delicacy
Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:12 am
Bix
da Bonehead

I take it your experience was different to mine then?

Noooooo........sorry........misunderstanding

When you said "what more could you want ?" I meant shall I start the list

You know....log cabin.....woman.....packet of biscuits
Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:17 am
Pej
Forum Regular

Pej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nice

Great to hear from you Badri, and pleased it is all going well so far.

Wishing you the best of luck!

We finally got our visas last week (pre-July), and will be flying to Brisbane 31st July.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:24 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Bix
Noooooo........sorry........misunderstanding

When you said "what more could you want ?" I meant shall I start the list

You know....log cabin.....woman.....packet of biscuits
...beer , crisps ....

OK, I get you now!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.