Reload this Page >

Possible newcomer

Wikiposts

Possible newcomer

Old Jun 14th 2004, 5:00 am
petit gal

jillmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Possible newcomer

oh yes i miscalculated on the time sorry- I thought you were 9 hous ahead of us but someone told me because of the spring time changes it made it 11 hours difference. Anyway it doesnt really matter unless you are planning to ring someone and end up getting them up in the middle of the night

Raby Bay sound idillic my husband loves boats but unfortunatly we dont have a $million dollars so we will just have to carry on dreaming.
Did you get to see any of the footie? shame about England very disappointing.
Hope you've had a really nice day off . Ive been off today too the weather has been lovely again too. Back to work 2moz though.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 5:42 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Did you get to see any of the footie? shame about England very disappointing.
Hope you've had a really nice day off . Ive been off today too the weather has been lovely again too. Back to work 2moz though. [/QUOTE]

Was a shame about the football, us Scots were shouting for you all the way.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 5:49 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Bordy

Was a shame about the football, us Scots were shouting for you all the way.
Sheesh Bordy, I'm sure you meant to type 'shouting AT us'....

Anya.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 6:20 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by anya4oz
Sheesh Bordy, I'm sure you meant to type 'shouting AT us'....

Anya.

As if I would Anya. BTW had a great day out at the rugby on Sunday even though we got stuffed. Met Emmafryn from the Expats site in the pub before the game, had a few frothys before heading down to Telstra Dome. Even got on TV for about 4 seconds waving my Scottish flag.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 6:44 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Bordy
As if I would Anya. BTW had a great day out at the rugby on Sunday even though we got stuffed. Met Emmafryn from the Expats site in the pub before the game, had a few frothys before heading down to Telstra Dome. Even got on TV for about 4 seconds waving my Scottish flag.
Hey, cool! I'm envious - ages since I've seen a game of rugger in the flesh (as it were)!

And now you're our Forum TV star! Yay! Next you'll be getting onto Aussie Big Brother

Anya.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 7:11 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jillmorris
Hi abcdiamond,
Thanks for your reply and the hints about the pest control. I don't mind spiders really its just the size of them in oz that worries me .But if your 8yr old can cope i'm sure i can be a big girl.
If you have any other recommends for a newcomer they would sure be welcome too.
cheers Jill

Jill,

Here's a little something I prepared earlier!! :scared:

I'm actually going to do the London Zoo 'Make Mates with spiders' / A Spider is a friend for life or whatever its called (see just the thought of spiders and I start to talk drivel .... help!!!

The sessions are about 4 hours (ish) and by the end of the tortuous session you get to hold a spider (yeah, right) and also trap one (mind you trapping one is never on the cards, i'm afraid it's either full-on annihilation or nothing). I have a terrible fear of spiders so I'll have to do something to overcome this or I'll be up s*** creek without a paddle (see drivel again....).

Mind you on saying that, these pesky critters make a bloomin' mess if you squish them so capture is the only alternative unless you want stained walls!!

D D
Attached Thumbnails Possible newcomer-huntsman.jpg  
Old Jun 14th 2004, 7:33 am
The Godfather

Good luck with it Dolly, next Summers Arachnids await you here in Melbourne.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 12:24 pm
ABCDiamond

oh yes i miscalculated on the time sorry- I thought you were 9 hous ahead of us but someone told me because of the spring time changes it made it 11 hours difference. Anyway it doesnt really matter unless you are planning to ring someone and end up getting them up in the middle of the night
My Brother does that at times, rings us up 2 hours after we go to bed !! Just got off the phone to him now though (1.15am UK), I didn't ring him to get my own back !! he'd just got back from the pub !!

Heres a good site to check the time
Worldtime and remember that QLD doesn't change it's clocks. I forget how many time zones we have here in Australia !

Not seen any of the football myself, not really into sports

Old Jun 14th 2004, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Helloe everyone out there. Its good to be joining you in more ways than one too. My hubby could be getting a job out in Brisbane, I am wondering how do you brits cope with the heat and the insects:scared: I hoping you can relay my fears of what the hell is in store for me and the kids there.

Welcome to the board by the way, although we were over there for only 2 weeks we didnt see a single spider or snake, I suppose if you go walking in the bush you will probably come across one
Anyway take a look at this its the bats that maybe you should think about
Attached Thumbnails Possible newcomer-bats.jpg  
Old Jun 14th 2004, 8:14 pm
petit gal

Hi Dolly,
Cheers for the picture of the spider it looks delightful- not. Good luck with it hope you become great buddies.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 8:18 pm
petit gal

Cheers dicko were these bats in you back garden? We used to see bats flying past our window just as it was going dark. Not sure where they were hanging out but as long as they were outside and I was in that was ok. Not seen them this year so don't know where they have gone. probably to your back yard.
Jill
Old Jun 14th 2004, 8:29 pm
petit gal

Thanks for the worldtime website but if I know its 9 hours that should be ok its when we have to keep changing times with the hour on and off its confusing when your at home never mind being abroad, obviously sensible people in Queensland.

A guy not into sports wow all the women must love you. what a catch your wife got.
The 3 men in my house all play cricket, love watching football, rugby, golf, tennis,snooker and table tennis. oh sorry going to sleep again, yes really anything involving a ball.
I watch the cricket because it involves sitting in the sun, sipping a cool drink.
not today though (tues) cloudy, wet, max 19. Glad im in work later.