Reload this Page >

de facto visa beginnings.

de facto visa beginnings.

Old Jun 14th 2004, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

rita is on a distinguished road
Default de facto visa beginnings.

HI All,

My boyfriend and i met whilst I was on a WHV in Mar 2003 and moved in with him (and his family) end of April 2003. I came back to England July 2003 as my visa ran out and I was bridesmaid for my sisters wedding. I wasn't able to go back out there until Dec 31st after saving up to fly back to be with him (he is studying and I wasn't able to work). I went out there for another 5 months on a visitors visa and have just got back for 6 weeks to see my new neice and go to her christening. I am going back out there mid july.

My questions are

1)We will have been together for 16 months but I will have been in England for 7 months in total of it. We have letters, emails and phone bills to show we were in regular contact during this time but will this time apart go against us or do you think it would be seen ok as it was neccessary?

2)Can I be on a visitors visa when making our application in Australia?

3)A lot of our evidence is personal things like birthday cards, joint postcards, a few photos, stat decs, joint credit cards and a bank account since beg 2004, phone bills (from when we were apart), emails, envelopes/mail(????) received at his address, 18+card with his address etc ( I look young!), neices birth announcement with both our names on it. We have no joint rental agreement as we live in part of his parents house and for the same reason we don't have utilites bills. Do you think this will be enough???

Thanks in advance, sorry to repeat any questions other might have already asked.

Rita
Old Jun 15th 2004, 8:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rita,
First thing I'd say is that I think everyone on here who has got a de Facto been living together for 12 months. Thats what DIMIA ask for, and they seem pretty strict about it, unless theres a really good reason why you weren't living together - don't take this as gospel though, there may be someone out there who has done it with less than 12 months. You would certainly need lots of paperwork to support that your relationship was ongoing while you were apart if you are going for a de facto.
You can get statements from his parents to say that you are living there, without having a rental agreement.
You can apply for the visa onshore, but I think it takes longer than offshore, also they will be looking at the fact that you have been coming in on a visitors visa with the intention of staying permanently.
I suggest you post this on the immigration forum, where you will probably get more cast-iron advice, perhaps from one of the agents.

Good luck
Old Jun 15th 2004, 8:36 am
Hippy chick

Elspeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: de facto visa beginnings.

you really need to have been living together for 12 months, you can try for a fiance visa but you will need to marry in a certain time. Or just get married - i opted for the later, if i want to be with him i have to. My 2years is up in July so im hoping to get my PR (YAH!)