Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Possible to get into Australia with a Job offer

Possible to get into Australia with a Job offer

Old Jul 6th 2021, 5:50 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Possible to get into Australia with a Job offer

Hi Everyone,

When we moved from the UK to Canada I networked for awhile on Linkedin and then came out for a week and met various contacts and employers and left with a job offer and the company sponsored my work permit. Once we were settled on the work permit we applied for PR whilst in Canada. My job is not on the kill shortage list for Fed or State level in Oz and Im wondering if I could network in Oz, come over line up a job and get us in that way or is that not possible with Oz?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Thanks

Mike
Old Jul 8th 2021, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible to get into Australia with a Job offer

Not at the moment as the border is closed to non PR or citizens unless you have permission and job hunting won’t cut it. Even employer sponsored visas have lists of jobs and you need to be on them to apply. The only working visa that doesn’t have a list is the working holiday visa if you are young enough, but again these are not being granted at the moment along with other temporary visas.
Old Jul 8th 2021, 2:59 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rammygirl
Not at the moment as the border is closed to non PR or citizens unless you have permission and job hunting won’t cut it. Even employer sponsored visas have lists of jobs and you need to be on them to apply. The only working visa that doesn’t have a list is the working holiday visa if you are young enough, but again these are not being granted at the moment along with other temporary visas.
Thanks Rammygirl, I had a working holiday visa some years ago and Im too old for another one even if that was possible ... Im assuming an inter company transfer likely wouldnt work and so I may need to retrain to fit the list? when they open the country up again
Old Jul 12th 2021, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rammygirl
Working holiday visas are still being granted. That's how I came here 6 months ago from NZ before applying for PR
Old Jul 12th 2021, 10:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddy234
Working holiday visas are still being granted. That's how I came here 6 months ago from NZ before applying for PR
The issue now isn't so much getting it granted, its getting a seat on one of an ever-dwindling number of flights. Coming from New Zealand is much easier than coming from anywhere else in the world,

(unless you are rich, famous, a sportsperson, and or a politician)