Reload this Page >

A Positive Thread

A Positive Thread

Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Positive Thread

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
That TV appearance showing the most hideous plaster in medical histroy.

Which bit did you live in?

It was the nice orange colour that caught my eye

Lived near the Eastcote Arms NICE! - It was my 1st flat but it turned out to be a building site for the time I was there. The only good thing was I lived opposite my boyfriend (now husband) so didn't have far to go for 'coffee'.

suzy
Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:49 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
Hi Evereyone,

Came on to read the posts this morning and was dissapointed at the amount of depressing threads. Lots about people not settling and wanting to go home, I really feel for these people because I know what a struggle it can be to move to another country and what real homesickness feels like, but I just want to say to everyone that it's an individual thing, and my time in Australia (18 months) has been the best time of my life, of course I have had ups and downs, and days I could just give up and go home, but i'm so glad I never gave up.

I have a fantastic lifestyle here, it doesn't even compare to the life I had at home. I have watched my kids flourish since we came here, me and my hubby couldn't be any closer and everything we do is family orientated. I miss my family very much in Scotland, but I would still never go back to live, when I see the life we have made here.

We have met fantastic friends from this site which makes it so much easier to settle as we compare a lot of things, as we sit outside in the heat, BBQ and a few beers, things like this I appreciate about living in this wonderful country.

Everyone has down days but thats when you turn to your partner or friends and pull each other up along the way. I get in the car and go and sit on the beach and appreciate the chance I have been given.

I just want everyone to know thats new here and coming, to give it your best shot, of course it won't work out for some of you but at least you can say you gave it your best. If you don't give it a chance you really don't know what your missing, I can't wait to become an Australian Citizen, and more and more this really does feel like home to me now. Only advice I can really give, is you have to make friends, adults as well as the kids, as this has been a major part of us settling so well here. I wouldn't swap it for the world. If you want this new life bad enough you will make it work, just don't come here and salg the place off because it hasn't got this and that, you have to adapt to the Australian way of life, which is very laid back.

Good luck to everyone, live the Dream

Lisa
There are a few contented ones around aren't there ?
Maybe they don't post as much......silence is consent ? No, silence is content. Goodonya Lisa

Oh, I just thought, you Soapy, Bordy, Scossie, Biggy and your other compatriots have an extra incentive to settle though don't you ?
The fear of going back to Scotland
Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:56 pm
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bix
Oh, I just thought, you Soapy, Bordy, Scossie, Biggy and your other compatriots have an extra incentive to settle though don't you ?
The fear of going back to Scotland

OI!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 1:00 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yamahaha
OI!
Sorry

Add Yamahaha to that list
Old Aug 24th 2005, 1:19 pm
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bix
Sorry

Add Yamahaha to that list
Nae bother!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future

Great thread made me smile
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Thankyou, fantastic thread. Bought a tear to my very emotional at the moment eye!
Karen x
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:38 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by suzy
It was the nice orange colour that caught my eye

Lived near the Eastcote Arms NICE! - It was my 1st flat but it turned out to be a building site for the time I was there. The only good thing was I lived opposite my boyfriend (now husband) so didn't have far to go for 'coffee'.

suzy

Good job you didnt see the rude drawings on it. Although you could see it covered in writing.

Damn thing comes off next week and I cant wait.

Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:43 pm
Account Closed

Good job you didnt see the rude drawings on it. Although you could see it covered in writing.

Damn thing comes off next week and I cant wait.

What did you do? How long have you had the cast? Asking because MIL broke her ankle in two places last week and has been told it will be 6 weeks before cast is off She's obviously much older than you and not in good health anyway but still seems a long time.

Suzy
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:51 pm
Professional Princess

What did you do? How long have you had the cast? Asking because MIL broke her ankle in two places last week and has been told it will be 6 weeks before cast is off She's obviously much older than you and not in good health anyway but still seems a long time.

Suzy

I did it on 25th June in a lesbian pole dancing club in Thailand, Thought I had just dislocated it, had an xray in Patong hospital which turned out so dark they couldnt read it.

Felt something wrong throughout the holiday, sort of clicking in the ankle region, swollen leg, fluidy etc.

Landed on 6th July went straight to hospital, xrayed, didnt see a doctor, nurse said it was just a sprain, which was rubbish because the injury was 2 weeks old, fluid up to the knee, toes black, and turning black with bruising each morning and I told her it was clicking, she said it was tendons. No doctor saw it.

Referred to physio, had four weeks of that and each time I did her excercises, I told her it clicked, and it remained swollen and distorted for the 4 weeks.

Had it xrayed in another hospital 3 weeks ago and ive fractured my fib, just above my ankle.

So im in plaster 4 weeks as it already had started to heal.

But Im so pissed off with Northwick park, you wouldnt believe it.

Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:53 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks great thread!
Cant wait to get there to be able to sit on a beach mmmmmm dream dream!
Just what i need to hear its bloody miserable here windy rainy kids bored on holidays from school !
WHERE IS OUR SUMMER!!

Kris
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:58 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Thanks great thread!
Cant wait to get there to be able to sit on a beach mmmmmm dream dream!
Just what i need to hear its bloody miserable here windy rainy kids bored on holidays from school !
WHERE IS OUR SUMMER!!

Kris

I know what you mean Kris, its pissing it down, windy and I feel oh so smug in my little flat

Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

I did it on 25th June in a lesbian pole dancing club in Thailand, Thought I had just dislocated it, had an xray in Patong hospital which turned out so dark they couldnt read it.

Felt something wrong throughout the holiday, sort of clicking in the ankle region, swollen leg, fluidy etc.

Landed on 6th July went straight to hospital, xrayed, didnt see a doctor, nurse said it was just a sprain, which was rubbish because the injury was 2 weeks old, fluid up to the knee, toes black, and turning black with bruising each morning and I told her it was clicking, she said it was tendons. No doctor saw it.

Referred to physio, had four weeks of that and each time I did her excercises, I told her it clicked, and it remained swollen and distorted for the 4 weeks.

Had it xrayed in another hospital 3 weeks ago and ive fractured my fib, just above my ankle.

So im in plaster 4 weeks as it already had started to heal.

But Im so pissed off with Northwick park, you wouldnt believe it.

Bloody Hell!!! Obviously all I've heard about you Northolt girls is true then :scared:

Well, good luck Sam - have to agree Northwick Park is the total pits.

I've just realised that I've hijacked this thread (sorry) which I have to say to OP was great.

Suzy x
Old Aug 24th 2005, 3:02 pm
Professional Princess

Bloody Hell!!! Obviously all I've heard about you Northolt girls is true then :scared:

Well, good luck Sam - have to agree Northwick Park is the total pits.

I've just realised that I've hijacked this thread (sorry) which I have to say to OP was great.

Suzy x

I might give my plaster to the highest bidder.

Old Aug 24th 2005, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
Hi Evereyone,

Came on to read the posts this morning and was dissapointed at the amount of depressing threads. Lots about people not settling and wanting to go home, I really feel for these people because I know what a struggle it can be to move to another country and what real homesickness feels like, but I just want to say to everyone that it's an individual thing, and my time in Australia (18 months) has been the best time of my life, of course I have had ups and downs, and days I could just give up and go home, but i'm so glad I never gave up.

I have a fantastic lifestyle here, it doesn't even compare to the life I had at home. I have watched my kids flourish since we came here, me and my hubby couldn't be any closer and everything we do is family orientated. I miss my family very much in Scotland, but I would still never go back to live, when I see the life we have made here.

We have met fantastic friends from this site which makes it so much easier to settle as we compare a lot of things, as we sit outside in the heat, BBQ and a few beers, things like this I appreciate about living in this wonderful country.

Everyone has down days but thats when you turn to your partner or friends and pull each other up along the way. I get in the car and go and sit on the beach and appreciate the chance I have been given.

I just want everyone to know thats new here and coming, to give it your best shot, of course it won't work out for some of you but at least you can say you gave it your best. If you don't give it a chance you really don't know what your missing, I can't wait to become an Australian Citizen, and more and more this really does feel like home to me now. Only advice I can really give, is you have to make friends, adults as well as the kids, as this has been a major part of us settling so well here. I wouldn't swap it for the world. If you want this new life bad enough you will make it work, just don't come here and salg the place off because it hasn't got this and that, you have to adapt to the Australian way of life, which is very laid back.

Good luck to everyone, live the Dream

Lisa
YAY is you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have made my day and made my mind up - gold coast you better watch out cos "Here comes Rooksie!!!!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.