Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PORTSMOUTH/WEST SUSSEX MEET UP???

PORTSMOUTH/WEST SUSSEX MEET UP???

Old May 12th 2008, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future
Default Re: PORTSMOUTH/WEST SUSSEX MEET UP???

Originally Posted by Basty
I'm terrible at remembering peoples names How did OH get on at booty yesterday??
bit rubbish actually - not as much as last time and also bought niamh a bike!! so cute on it though.

what about a kangaroo cuddly toy, or a large umbrella like a big tourist group?
i can't remember the names of the kids in my class on a daily basis so there is no hope for me!
Old May 12th 2008, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

colworthkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Basty

The number for the Farmhouse I think is 02392 650510. I have an inflatable kangaroo and cork hat!
lol Jill
Old May 12th 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

kdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys
Hadn't thought of that! we could all be sat next to each other and not talking! what about all wearing cork hats? think we will spot each other then? LOL!

:r ofl:

What a great idea ! That made me laugh at the thought of us all sitting there with cork hats on ! !

Keely.
Old May 12th 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by colworthkid
Hi Basty

The number for the Farmhouse I think is 02392 650510. I have an inflatable kangaroo and cork hat!
lol Jill
Thats excellant Jill thanks
Old May 13th 2008, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Right everyone,
The farmhouse do take bookings but can only book up to 15 people, however at the hotel lounge, which is just down the corridor, we can eat there too, can book for us all.

Now the only thing is that we can't see the play area, she said it is just down the corridor - what do you want me to do??

If we just turn up then all the tables will be booked out in the Farmhouse!!

Advise please
Old May 13th 2008, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again
It' nice to be all together but as mum of a 2 year old I probably should be ablt to see what she is up to. That said she will probably fall asleep on route and even if she doesn't her brothers will be there to help. Ultimately, I'm happy to go with the flow. Let me know if you need the roo!?!?
lol Jill
Old May 13th 2008, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thats abit how I feel too but again, she has an older brother who would keep an eye on her.
The roo would be good please.

Mind you if the weather is like this, Southsea common/grassy area might not be a bad idea??
Old May 13th 2008, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Could always check the 5 day forecast and make a final decision on the Friday or Saturday. My kids love picnics etc. Obviously space and tables would not be an issue. Only thing is, the area is not contained and from the meet up details there are several little ones who could wander off. At least with play area you know where they will be and the entertainment is all provided.
Old May 13th 2008, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

kdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Basty
Right everyone,
The farmhouse do take bookings but can only book up to 15 people, however at the hotel lounge, which is just down the corridor, we can eat there too, can book for us all.

Now the only thing is that we can't see the play area, she said it is just down the corridor - what do you want me to do??

If we just turn up then all the tables will be booked out in the Farmhouse!!

Advise please
Hi Fiona,

Hope things are little calmer in your household today ! !
I would prefer it if we can see the play area, although he has an older sister to look after him , he is quite a handful to look after, he tends to just wander off...... But whatever the outcome is I'm happy !

Keely.
Old May 13th 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

If we sit in the middle of the 'grassy bit' its shouldn't be too difficult to contain the kids, cos they should 'hopefully' all play together

I hate making decisions where there are other people involved

Please can I have some more comments............................
Old May 13th 2008, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

If the weather is good i think Southsea might be better - we have cricket set and other bits for kids to keep busy, i'm sure we all have something like that?

if we go to the farmhouse i'd prefer to see the play area as both under 4 and don't trust little oe a mile - lastest craze is jumping from the top of the slide

if we end up on Southsea will we need an inflatable kangaroo, so we know who we are??!!!!!
Old May 13th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys
If the weather is good i think Southsea might be better - we have cricket set and other bits for kids to keep busy, i'm sure we all have something like that?

if we go to the farmhouse i'd prefer to see the play area as both under 4 and don't trust little oe a mile - lastest craze is jumping from the top of the slide

if we end up on Southsea will we need an inflatable kangaroo, so we know who we are??!!!!!
Shall I just hire a roo outfit and sit there in a deckchair

Anyway guys, I am not coming on BE for a couple of days, so please don't think I am being rude by not replying to any of your messages, will catch up in a couple of days
Old May 14th 2008, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of
Post Re: PORTSMOUTH/WEST SUSSEX MEET UP???

Hi all,
we went to The Farmhouse a couple of weeks ago and there is a kids party room in between the main restaurant and the indoor play area.
So it's not too easy to keep an eye on the kids directly from the restaurant area.
I think the lounge room to the side would be ok if we took a short turn each minding / monitoring the kids in the play area.
The indoor area isn't free, as it was at the Andover meet and you pay by the hour for them to go in.
There were 2 helpers running the play area (the day we went) and took the childrens' names and also noted where the adults were sitting in case of any issues.

If it's a fine day outside would be easier... ultimately we're easy about where
we go.

Regards,
Nigel & Debby.
Old May 20th 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Below is a link for the weather forcast for Monday.

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Portsmouth-UKXX0115

I think the indoor option is going to be the best bet for Monday.

Johnnyyt
Old May 20th 2008, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
Below is a link for the weather forcast for Monday.

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Portsmouth-UKXX0115

I think the indoor option is going to be the best bet for Monday.

Johnnyyt
OMG - how can they have all those nice sunny days and then, bang, right in the middle, dark rainy clouds!!!!!!
Not impressed, was looking forward to the picnic in the park.

Well sorry guys def looks like indoor meetup.
Am I still to book some space in the Farmhouse???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.