Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PORTSMOUTH/WEST SUSSEX MEET UP???

PORTSMOUTH/WEST SUSSEX MEET UP???

Old May 8th 2008, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all
Default Re: PORTSMOUTH/WEST SUSSEX MEET UP???

Originally Posted by Cherrylips
Hi Basty
I'm new on here and just saw you were from Southampton same as us. have a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old. We are just at the very beginning of the application process so would like to meet up and should be around that weekend. Where abouts are you moving to?
Hi Cherrylips,

We are heading to Perth, hopefully Sept time, would be great to see you at the meetup if you can make it. Where abouts in Southampton are you??
The Clarkeys are also from Southampton and are coming to the meetup, they are also heading to Perth with 2 small children. You will find both of us on the Feb thread (Immigration), have you submitted your app yet?? All these questions
Old May 8th 2008, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Cherrylips is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Again

We are going to be heading to Perth too. We are living in Curdridge. We are right at the very start of the process. Made a def decision on Friday and have applied to some of the online visa companies and checked that we pass the points test for the skilled visa which we do and are waiting to hear back from them with a phone call which they said would be 48 hrs but still haven't heard so need to do it all again. Then found this site over the weekend which seems invaluable. How did you start the process?
Old May 8th 2008, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Hi Again

We are going to be heading to Perth too. We are living in Curdridge. We are right at the very start of the process. Made a def decision on Friday and have applied to some of the online visa companies and checked that we pass the points test for the skilled visa which we do and are waiting to hear back from them with a phone call which they said would be 48 hrs but still haven't heard so need to do it all again. Then found this site over the weekend which seems invaluable. How did you start the process?
Hi, I'll send you a pm
Old May 8th 2008, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi
I can't read it as it say the Administrator has restricted anyone who has more than 3 posts! I have sent them a message to find out whats going on but in the meantime I have no idea what you said
Old May 8th 2008, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

Hi Again

Hi Cherrylips
welcome to the lengthy wait ahead! As Basty said we are heading to Perth with 2 little ones (3 and half and 1 and half) too.
hopefully see you at the meet up?
Old May 8th 2008, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Hi
Thanks for the welcome. Looks like you have had ages. My friends took a good couple of years. They moved to Melbourne a few years ago now and I never thought to ask them why it took so long. Have you ben out to Perth before?
Old May 9th 2008, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

Hi
Thanks for the welcome. Looks like you have had ages. My friends took a good couple of years. They moved to Melbourne a few years ago now and I never thought to ask them why it took so long. Have you ben out to Perth before?
I haven't but OH spent about 8 months out there before he met me - always wanted to go back so we are!!
We weren't as quick as we could have been - we had to slow it down until we got married otherwise there was a chance (apparently!!!) that the visa might have come before we were married and then we would have had to go out unmarried and come back.
getting some paperwork and evidence does take longer than you think as well.
Old May 9th 2008, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi we haven't been there either
I have a friend in Perth and Brisbane and it was a toss up but Perth won
Old May 11th 2008, 6:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Basty
Hi we haven't been there either
I have a friend in Perth and Brisbane and it was a toss up but Perth won
I spent a year backpacking in Oz in 1994 and had the best year of my life. I covered Adelaide to Cairnes and down through the middle but ran out of time and money to get to Perth. We were thinking about flying out there in Aug to see if we like it, OH has never been to Oz. The only thing I'm thinking is that it will eat into out budget enormously. Also I would like to go to a few more places in Europe before we move over there. Glad to hear that you are in a similar boat and going blind!
Old May 11th 2008, 9:58 am
Just Joined

gavmoulds is an unknown quantity at this point

Lots of info about who is going and when etc.......but..WHEN IS THE BLOODY MEETING.
Old May 11th 2008, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gavmoulds
Lots of info about who is going and when etc.......but..WHEN IS THE BLOODY MEETING.
If you read back through the thread it is on there. or check the meet up thread for the UK and look for the portsmouth meet up onmonday 26th may
Old May 11th 2008, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gavmoulds
Hi, look at the Meetups tab in biege at the top and it is under Monday 26th May.
Hope to see you there, any other questions please ask
Old May 12th 2008, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all, would anyone be able to give me the number for the Farmhouse in Portsmouth please. I have looked on Yell.com but it just brings up 3 in Southampton!!!!!!:curse:

I will then call them and see if they can corner off part of the place for us

Looking forward to seeing you all there - this is the first meetup we have been to, do we have to wear stickers with our names on???
Old May 12th 2008, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Basty
Hi all, would anyone be able to give me the number for the Farmhouse in Portsmouth please. I have looked on Yell.com but it just brings up 3 in Southampton!!!!!!:curse:

I will then call them and see if they can corner off part of the place for us

Looking forward to seeing you all there - this is the first meetup we have been to, do we have to wear stickers with our names on???
Hadn't thought of that! we could all be sat next to each other and not talking! what about all wearing cork hats? think we will spot each other then? LOL!
Old May 12th 2008, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm terrible at remembering peoples names How did OH get on at booty yesterday??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.